Extension re-taping help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosie123

Reaction score
Hiya!
So I finally did my tape course to add another string to my bow but the course was rubbish if i am honest lucky I did lots of research before hand, videos on youtube were more indepth!
Iv applied a few tapes and they look fab, they have stayed in and they are so quick... but now my first client is ready for maintenance. arghhhh
My course instructor told us to retape ON TOP of the old tape - surely this isn't correct? the old tape is going to be a sticky mess once the remover has been put on?
Just want to check that this is incorrect and I should remove the whole tape and retape? any tips on doing this? also they recommended there own remover which I doubt will be any good if they have given me the incorrect info anyway so any advise on what to buy?

Sorry but what course did you do??? Get C-22 Remover it makes them come off easily.

Also you have to scratch the old tape off the piece and then make sure before putting on the next tape the surface area on it is really clean and not oily, so use alcohol remover

Really easy to just rub off the old tape don’t worry x[emoji1360]

I personally use acetone to remove all the old tape then use walkers tape to replace .I’ve never heard of overlapping tape [emoji23]as they wouldn’t stay in . Hope this helps

Sorry but what course did you do??? Get C-22 Remover it makes them come off easily.

Also you have to scratch the old tape off the piece and then make sure before putting on the next tape the surface area on it is really clean and not oily, so use alcohol remover

I trained with belle I didn't realise it would be so rubbish I am really annoyed TBH.
I have been doing micro rings a bonds for 8 years so I knew all the basics was just an add on course but I had done research on tapes before doing the course and knew she was wrong!!

Thank you il get all that ready. I am so annoyed that I threw my dolls head away years ago so cant practise lol

I personally use acetone to remove all the old tape then use walkers tape to replace .I’ve never heard of overlapping tape [emoji23]as they wouldn’t stay in . Hope this helps

I knew it - what a joke!

Lucky iv checked really because that could have really gone horribly wrong!

Really easy to just rub off the old tape don’t worry x[emoji1360]

Thank you.

I did some forum stalking after the tape course and I am going to try your 'no solution' method too! wish me luck lol

I’m super envious of @Sploo being able to do a remover free removal. I’ve tried, don’t have the knack!! I use Vixen & Blush remover now. Best I’ve tried. It’s not cheap...but a little goes a long way and it’s leaving no/little residue on the natural hair. Extensions are ready to retape with no washing. I love it!

Latest posts

Back