Extension suppliers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debs2017

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times but I've just qualified in fusion bonds micro beads and nano beads and was wondering what is the best supplier you would recommend? The tutor recommended routes hair extensions but I find it quite expensive (£xxx for 200g 18inch remy) is that cheap? Euphoria hair for 4a remy is £xxx for 200g plus euphoria do Brazilian and Russian, routes just seem to do remy! Who do you all use?
Thanks in advance

[no trade prices please]

Last edited by a moderator:
I use euphoria one all the time, it's great hair, I have used routes twice before and both times it was awful, ended up removing it! Avoid!

Thanks sploo that's very helpful, think I will use euphoria hair x

Love eurphoria one x

I love euphoria one. I've used routes a few times up until I made a return and didn't receive my refund then binned receipt for postage now I can't find the receipt she saying she hasn't received it back which may be true... but it's off putting and I'm out of pocket. Also someone I know had the same happen within a few weeks of me. I'm sticking with euphoria one.
Plus can I just say I rarely use 200g like they say on the course as it can be way too much especially for finer hair. 150g seems to work brilliant on most clients unless they have mounds of hair x

Hi Everyone

I would like to address all comments above and hopfully give some help.

For Debs2017 -the recommended average full head with our hair is 150 strands which most people find more than enough. In 16-18" and using your trade discount this makes the hair £xxx. As the hair is double drawn it's unlikely you will need more unless you have a client with either really thick hair or a very blunt bob.

For Sploo - I'm so sorry to see that you had bad experiences with our hair! This is not what we want our customers to feel and experience at all. Reading between the lines the hair fitted has now been removed and may have been a while back but I would love for you to email me at [email protected] with your honest feedback on what you experienced so I can talk to you further on this- this would be greatly appreciated and most helpful in us seeing if and what we can do better. - i of course will hope to give somthing of value to yourself too for your time.

For P123 - I'm pretty sure you are the lady I was talking to on Facebook a couple of days ago regarding the return. As this has only ever happened twice in all the time we have been trading and so I'm completely unaware of who the friend is that has had this happen as I have not had any news on this??
As we left it you were sure you had the receipt somwhere and was going to get back to me with that so we could claim from Royal Mail (as it is them that have lost it) we 100% would never steal from our customers by saying it has not turned up when it has we have no reason or want to treat anybody like this at all and it cirtainly wasn't left as case closed I was simply waiting for you to get back to me with the receipt.
If you can't find it at all I would still like to help and cirtainly don't want to loose you over somebody else's error (royal mail) if you find the tracking it will proove we havnt received it. I hope this restores your faith in our integrity. I hope to hear from you soon.

I really hope we can help the above people along and hopfully show that rather than deleting and ignoring customers with problems we address things and do our upmost to help - of course when you supply a product to thousands of people you can't be everyone's favourite but we cirtainly aim to always do our best for each individual customer and not hide behind fake reviews/posts and never to ignor problems that do come up from time to time (any mainstream brand that says they don't get complaints are not being honest- we do (less Than 1%) and here are some above- maybe the above ladies won't choose to work with routes again but we will absolutely do the best we can to help them and resolve things for them. This is our ethos and where we are very different to most brands out there selling a perishable product.

Sorry for such a long post
Rachel @ Routes

[no trade prices please]

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are looking for budget hair try Angel Remy, they offer great trade discount for middle range try Glamlox hair extensions

Hi Everyone

I would like to address all comments above and hopfully give some help.

For Debs2017 -the recommended average full head with our hair is 150 strands which most people find more than enough. In 16-18" and using your trade discount this makes the hair £xxx. As the hair is double drawn it's unlikely you will need more unless you have a client with either really thick hair or a very blunt bob.

For Sploo - I'm so sorry to see that you had bad experiences with our hair! This is not what we want our customers to feel and experience at all. Reading between the lines the hair fitted has now been removed and may have been a while back but I would love for you to email me at [email protected] with your honest feedback on what you experienced so I can talk to you further on this- this would be greatly appreciated and most helpful in us seeing if and what we can do better. - i of course will hope to give somthing of value to yourself too for your time.

For P123 - I'm pretty sure you are the lady I was talking to on Facebook a couple of days ago regarding the return. As this has only ever happened twice in all the time we have been trading and so I'm completely unaware of who the friend is that has had this happen as I have not had any news on this??
As we left it you were sure you had the receipt somwhere and was going to get back to me with that so we could claim from Royal Mail (as it is them that have lost it) we 100% would never steal from our customers by saying it has not turned up when it has we have no reason or want to treat anybody like this at all and it cirtainly wasn't left as case closed I was simply waiting for you to get back to me with the receipt.
If you can't find it at all I would still like to help and cirtainly don't want to loose you over somebody else's error (royal mail) if you find the tracking it will proove we havnt received it. I hope this restores your faith in our integrity. I hope to hear from you soon.

I really hope we can help the above people along and hopfully show that rather than deleting and ignoring customers with problems we address things and do our upmost to help - of course when you supply a product to thousands of people you can't be everyone's favourite but we cirtainly aim to always do our best for each individual customer and not hide behind fake reviews/posts and never to ignor problems that do come up from time to time (any mainstream brand that says they don't get complaints are not being honest- we do (less Than 1%) and here are some above- maybe the above ladies won't choose to work with routes again but we will absolutely do the best we can to help them and resolve things for them. This is our ethos and where we are very different to most brands out there selling a perishable product.

Sorry for such a long post
Rachel @ Routes

[no trade prices please]
Hi Rachel this was last year this happened so that must have been someone else. I wouldn't knock routes for the hair it is very good quality as well I just stick with euphoria one :)

Hi Rachel this was last year this happened so that must have been someone else. I wouldn't knock routes for the hair it is very good quality as well I just stick with euphoria one :)
Hi P123
Sorry for the confusion there- I did speak with the lady on Facebook and all sorted. Sorry that wasn't you I was confused as a lady had the same thing happen just last week but we havnt had this for a long time happen.
I'm sorry if you thought that we may have received your return and not refunded- I can assure that we would never do that but I understand the frustration for yourself when you misplaced your postage receipt.
I am happy to make up for this by way of discounting any future order should you want to try us again one day then do give me a shout on email.
Thank you for your kind comments on the hair I'm glad you enjoyed it and really sorry again that you were off put by the experience of us not receiving your return.
I'm sure you are in great hands with euphoria one as we hear good reports on their hair. Should you ever need us for somthing that euphoria don't have then I will be happy to help :)

Hi guys I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times but I've just qualified in fusion bonds micro beads and nano beads and was wondering what is the best supplier you would recommend? The tutor recommended routes hair extensions but I find it quite expensive (£xxx for 200g 18inch remy) is that cheap? Euphoria hair for 4a remy is £xxx for 200g plus euphoria do Brazilian and Russian, routes just seem to do remy! Who do you all use?
Thanks in advance

[no trade prices please]
First off you'll want to actually understand terminology. "Remy" isn't a certain type or origin of hair, it simply means all the strands of hair are facing in the same direction which prevents tangling. 99% of the brands you come across will all be using remy hair.

Now the origins of hair (Indian, Russian, Mongolian, Brazilian etc) doesn't actually reflect the quality. You could have 'Indian' hair that lasts 1 year +, and 'Russian' hair that only lasts 3 months. It's a complicated industry but you'll get your head around it eventually!

The only way you'll truly find hair your happy with is through your own testing/getting samples from suppliers.

Indian hair however is meant to be coarser, and slightly wavier- so good for clients with thick, frizzier textured hair (this is also the same as Brazilian, although it's slightly finer)

Mongolian hair is very straight, sleek and slightly coarse. So this is good for clients with medium density hair, that dries naturally straight

Russian hair varies from completely straight to slightly wavy.. and is a much finer/delicate feeling hair so suitable for clients with the same

Although be careful, Russian, Mongolian, Brazilian & even Indian hair are no where near as easily accessible as suppliers would have us believe.. especially for Russian/Mongolian (unless your spending £1k on a 100g of hair)

A lot of the hair that is sold to us as 'Russian/brazillian' etc is actually just Chinese hair, all processed differently to give a different finish. Which again, means the only way you'll know what your happy with is through testing.

Also, don't constantly look for the cheapest hair. There's a reason higher quality hair is more expensive

My personal favourites are Prestige for mid-range & Remi Cachet for high end!

Hi girls I've not been on for a week or so but thanks for all your advice it has really helped!
I've opened a trade account with euphoria and got a few models booked in this week to boost my confidence and start a portfolio,..
Thanks to the lady about the "terminology" I never knew that that's what remy meant, I might spend a hour or so tomorrow doing some research on the hair source, process method so thanks again xx

I never bother with fusion bonds now because the maintenance is too much of a hassle!!
I use Secret Hair Extensions. Their hair is fantastic quality, and the price is great. I've tried all sorts but they've definitely been the best. Wouldn't waste your time with Remi Cachet and Rapunzel (I tried these a few years ago and it didn't last long at all)

I never bother with fusion bonds now because the maintenance is too much of a hassle!!
I use Secret Hair Extensions. Their hair is fantastic quality, and the price is great. I've tried all sorts but they've definitely been the best. Wouldn't waste your time with Remi Cachet and Rapunzel (I tried these a few years ago and it didn't last long at all)

You don't happen to work for Secret Hair Extensions do you? ;) All of your posts appear to promote this particular brand that's all.

Latest posts

Back