Extension training with Hair Planet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helen780cat

Reaction score
has anyone done one of their courses?? - ive completed the colour and design with balmain but they dont cover much! so was wanting to do a little more and maybe do micro-ring one ?? id like a bit more knowledge on cutting and blending than i got on the balmain and sectioning techniques too, or can anyone recomend anyone else who offers a good course thats not too pricey
thanks x

There's some fab threads on here about training if you do a search - just make sure you speak to each company as you'll really get a feel for what they are going to offer you as a whole package. Good Luck xx

maybe not they have got back to me and you have to be nvq2 qualified which im not yet only just done my 1st year - does anyone know if you need to be qualified to train with lush-us? ive heard lots of good things about there training courses :lol:

You don't need to be qualified to train with lush us.

just had as look on the website i like the sound of the cutting course they do! has anyone done that one? x

Any extension course that has HABIA accreditation can now only accept NVQ 2 or above hairdressers

Habia accrediation IS only relevant to qualified professionals as it's the CPD hours that are attached to it that count. For someone who isn't qualified you will still get insurance cover providing your cert states you have taken a course!!!! I think it will eventually come to the point where companies can only train qualified people. Habia aren't renewing ANY hair extension courses according to a recent statement I read on a suppliers thread - quote was from a Habia representative. I think for anyone investing in training in this field you should do your research about the company before booking with them. xx

We have a HABIA accredited option and an insurance approved option for courses.
The vast majority of qualified people/salons that come on our courses do not seem in the least bit bothered about CPD, many have to ask what it is!

I am not sure if it is correct about HABIA not accrediting ANY courses - our understanding is that they will only give their accreditation if the course has a pre-requisite of NVQ 2 or over, if we are wrong then happy to be corrected.

Aside form this, there is also a lot of misuse/misunderstanding around HABIA accreditation - we still get a lot of people who think THEY will be HABIA approved if they complete our HABIA course

I spoke to Habia when I saw the statement and they confirmed that training companies wouldn't be getting approval at their renewal time as there have been too many companies using Habia approval when they didn't have it and it was too difficult for them to monitor. Such a shame that people do that!!! They obviously can't be bothered to go through the correct process to become a decent training provider. :(

So to be completely clear....HABIA will never again accredit a hair extension course?!

If this is true, then this must have only been in last few weeks as prior to that they were adding new extension courses to their website.

And is it really only hair extension courses that are abusing the logo?

ok i trained with balmain they are habia approved, this was offered to us through college im just about to complete my 1st year VRQ so wont complete my NVQ2 till next july ish i will wait if i have too but just thought id be better off bettering my skills with another course as i dont feel the balmain one went through everything enough!
think i will go with Lush us tho as they do both methods and as ive done pre-bond id quite like to do micro ring x

I did the hair planet micro ring course it is good but to cut and blend you may need a different course. You have an advantage if your a hairdresser xx

So to be completely clear....HABIA will never again accredit a hair extension course?!

If this is true, then this must have only been in last few weeks as prior to that they were adding new extension courses to their website.

And is it really only hair extension courses that are abusing the logo?

This is true, i also spoke to Habia themselves. For example Lush us expired with Habia in july and they will no renew. This is nothing to do with Lush Us or any other training company,. As mentioned above too many companys are taking the mick basically! its very sad!

Latest posts

Back