Extension trial nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkies!

Reaction score
Do any of you offer an extensions trial/sample i.e. applying an extension to one nail (probably free of charge) to encourage new clients who are a bit weary (sp?) of extensions etc? Do you also go through a client consultation for this?

Or even if you don't, is there a reason why not?

Thank you!

Pinkies! said:
Do any of you offer an extensions trial/sample i.e. applying an extension to one nail (probably free of charge) to encourage new clients who are a bit weary (sp?) of extensions etc? Do you also go through a client consultation for this?

Or even if you don't, is there a reason why not?

Thank you!
Yes I do, if a client is not sure about enhancements, I will put one on the pinky.
I do this free of charge......Complementary........
They try ,they like, they come back!!!!!
Yes for all enhancements even a trial one, consultation is a must...........
You never know what comes up!!!!!
JMHO

Nailsinlondon1 said:
JMHO

That got me thinking - sorry ;) At all the shows they perform trial nails - I wonder if any of them do a mini consultation for health risks, alergies etc.?

I have done this a few times and like you say, they try, they like, they come back. Worth the few minutes it takes to do it.

I have never seen a consultation done at an exhibition but that doesn`t mean they don`t do it but it has got me thinking about it......
I`ve never noticed if they sanitize their bits between doing the trial nails either, except when I watched the creative demos, I know they definitely did. I watched the procedure of everything really closely so I could do the same.
Perhaps Antony can let us know what he does, I was soooooo ingrossed at his stand he could have been doing it naked and I wouldn`t have noticed

"Perhaps Antony can let us know what he does, I was soooooo ingrossed at his stand he could have been doing it naked and I wouldn`t have noticed"

Now that i would've noticed Debs! :o :D

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Yes I do, if a client is not sure about enhancements, I will put one on the pinky.
I do this free of charge..............
They try ,they like, they come back!!!!!
JMHO
So is this something you make a point of putting on your treatment menu or just something you suggest if someone seems interested but not 100% sure??

Thanks x

Pinkies! said:
So is this something you make a point of putting on your treatment menu or just something you suggest if someone seems interested but not 100% sure??

Thanks x
Hi ya,
No I don't have it on my menu list, but it is offered if someone is unsure about enhancements...........
The usual speach is....."Well I can understand that you are not sure about enhancements, so why don't I put just one on your little finger, then you can see for yourself how natural it looks, and give it a test run and see how you get on with it."

They usualy come back within a few days and book for a Full Set.......
I so the same for Solar Silk, Solar Butter, Solar Balm, CU3:Renew and Solar oil, these items are always on my Nail Station and close at hand and the clients can help themselfs to try it out.....Infact I never say no, if there is something they want to try .......even a little trial nail buff......
They try, they like, they buy..........and they are happy!!!!!

will you guys behave, me naked is not a pretty site!!!

anyway back to the topic, when doing the demo's at shows i now normally use purify hand sanitiser and a 70% isopropyl alcohol spray for my files and implements.

antony

This is something I have always offered, people like the 'free' word! As Ruth says, if they like, they come back.
I did one this afternoon and she booked a soak off and a full set there and then.. mind you if you saw what she had on you'd understand why.. but we won't go into that eh. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back