Quantcast

Extensionists-taking deposits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

aceflatie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have been considering taking deposits on my hair extension appointments. Any of you take deposits for this service?

Sam

sarah_clancy

Reaction score

JoJo1980

Reaction score
Always. I take a deposit to cover the cost of the hair as they book the appointment. Never have a complaint about it either ;-)
xx

aceflatie

Reaction score
Thanks. I have been thinking about this and a few have offered but I haven't as yet purely as I can return hair if the client cancels, however, it doesn't make up for time lost so think taking a deposit would help with people cancelling at the last minute x

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
Yea I do 50% deposit :) I use this to
Buy the hair and then pocket the rest on the day x

crazybek

Reaction score
Absolutly EVERY time!
I charge 1/2 the price of the service at the time of booking/consult and the other half is payable on the day of fitting.
x

siobrennan

Reaction score
absolutely! i also have never had a complaint about it either :) i let them know when the book a consultation if they are suitable for extensions and would like to proceed then i require a deposit of 50% xxx

blondielocks

Reaction score
Defiantly take a deposit! My clients usually predict they will have to pay a deposit anyway & never had a problem with it means ur not out of pocket having to order hair first with ur own money! :)

ellechristina

Reaction score
i always take non refundable deposit to cover the hair as i order the hair to match clients shade so if they cancel i have not wasted my money on hair that i might not be able to use in the future. But what I do if the client cancels i let them have the hair as after all they have paid for it in the deposit.

Reaction score
I always take a £50 non-refundable deposit, it doesnt cover the cost of the extensions I buy but if the cancel or change their mind it covers the cost of having to send the extensions back and my time that has been took up
xx

charlenejohnson

Reaction score
I always take a deposit of 50% at the consultation (if the client wishes to proceed with a booking). Until the deposit is received, no booking/orders are made/placed.

brittone05

Reaction score
50% deposit at time of booking, rest payable on fitting. Desosit is non-refundable and client signs consultation form to agree x

Jody2412

Reaction score
Always!!! I take £50 xx

Studio58

Reaction score
Always. £100 and the rest in cash on day if mobile appt. Or cash/card in salon

aceflatie

Reaction score
Right, thanks everyone, that's decided I will start taking deposits :) makes absolute sense too

Samx

missfit

Reaction score
Defo take deposit, I've had a couple of instances when I haven't taken a deposit because I've thought the person seems nice and genuine only for them to cancel at the last min and I incur a cost to return the hair!!!

A deposit shows the clients intent as well!!!

Hausofhana

Reaction score
I would never order hair if I didn't have a deposit first! Too many tinks where I live x

Latest posts