Extensionists-taking deposits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aceflatie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have been considering taking deposits on my hair extension appointments. Any of you take deposits for this service?

Sam

Always. I take a deposit to cover the cost of the hair as they book the appointment. Never have a complaint about it either ;-)
xx

Thanks. I have been thinking about this and a few have offered but I haven't as yet purely as I can return hair if the client cancels, however, it doesn't make up for time lost so think taking a deposit would help with people cancelling at the last minute x

Yea I do 50% deposit :) I use this to
Buy the hair and then pocket the rest on the day x

Absolutly EVERY time!
I charge 1/2 the price of the service at the time of booking/consult and the other half is payable on the day of fitting.
x

absolutely! i also have never had a complaint about it either :) i let them know when the book a consultation if they are suitable for extensions and would like to proceed then i require a deposit of 50% xxx

Defiantly take a deposit! My clients usually predict they will have to pay a deposit anyway & never had a problem with it means ur not out of pocket having to order hair first with ur own money! :)

i always take non refundable deposit to cover the hair as i order the hair to match clients shade so if they cancel i have not wasted my money on hair that i might not be able to use in the future. But what I do if the client cancels i let them have the hair as after all they have paid for it in the deposit.

I always take a £50 non-refundable deposit, it doesnt cover the cost of the extensions I buy but if the cancel or change their mind it covers the cost of having to send the extensions back and my time that has been took up
xx

I always take a deposit of 50% at the consultation (if the client wishes to proceed with a booking). Until the deposit is received, no booking/orders are made/placed.

50% deposit at time of booking, rest payable on fitting. Desosit is non-refundable and client signs consultation form to agree x

Always!!! I take £50 xx

Always. £100 and the rest in cash on day if mobile appt. Or cash/card in salon

Right, thanks everyone, that's decided I will start taking deposits :) makes absolute sense too

Samx

Defo take deposit, I've had a couple of instances when I haven't taken a deposit because I've thought the person seems nice and genuine only for them to cancel at the last min and I incur a cost to return the hair!!!

A deposit shows the clients intent as well!!!

I would never order hair if I didn't have a deposit first! Too many tinks where I live x

Latest posts

Back