Extensions For Men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debsidoo99

Reaction score
I'm starting at my new salon tomorrow and I've just had a guy ring and ask for extensions !!! I'm not being sexist at all here but I'm nervous as hell cos I've never done a set of acrylic extensions on a man.
He says he is a nail biter...........would you reccommend just a natural pink acrylic over a small tip (I'm assuming he won't want P&W ???)
Much help needed please ! :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are you sure this is'nt a wind up as its your 1st day!!! I hope it is for your sake,i can't stop giggling as i write this :lol: But on a serious note if it's genuine i'm thinking will the size 1 tip even be big enough for the old thumb nails,mens are usually bigger are'nt they,if so then you will have to sculpt,and depending on state of his natural nail if o.k i would just use clear if not then use a pink maybe( :lol: hey,i'm still giggling but trying to be serious!!)if his nails are badly bitten you will probably have to saddle the tip aswell :rolleyes: hey,good luck girl,don't forget the after care advice,you know,keep the marigolds on!!seriously hope all goes well,look forward to hearing how it went,let us know,

mmmmmmmmmmmm, I'm suspicious of it being a wind up but I shall give him benefit of the doubt.
Had thought the size 1's won't be big enough. Oh well, I shall see if he turns up first then assess his nails.
What a start eh !!!! :green:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry but still giggling,just had a thought,maybe if it is a wind up he could come in dressed as policeman,or fireman and turn out to be a stripogram,wot a laugh :lol: :lol: only thought this cos it's the sort of thing one my mates would do for me,O.K so its just the way my mind works!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

DEBSY said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry but still giggling,just had a thought,maybe if it is a wind up he could come in dressed as policeman,or fireman and turn out to be a stripogram,wot a laugh :lol: :lol:

Quite tempted to come along, just to offer some moral support of course ;)

Have a great day, i'm sure it'll be fab!

Sue x

i did a guy before at my last place. i was quite suprised when he turned up because the appointment was booked by a lady and he had a name that was o.k for male or female, so i just assumed it would be a gal. he was a nibbler but not too bad . did sculpts on him p/w but made a more natural colour by mixing my regular colours with clear.he was a great laugh and the time went really quickly .so if your appointment is genuine dont dread it youll be fine

How awful, the thought of a stripping fireman ;) I have one older gent who comes regularly for manicures. I am sooooo careful (or is it paranoid) when doing the hand massage bit that I don't do anything even slightly suggestive with his fingers!!! He has asked me a number of times about extensions but I keep putting him off. I can't imagine how he will continue to work in his factory if he has them :lol: Just in case he gets really persistent I bought some XL size tips made by Star Nails - they're absolutely huge, the biggest is too big for my big toe!

Good luck tomorrow.

Debsidoo!!!
Hope it goes well for you and dont forget to let us all know how you got on!!!!
Whichever way it goes for ya...hoax or not....itll be a learning thing and you will be all the more wiser!
Good luck!!!!!
;)

angel fingers said:
i did a guy before at my last place. i was quite suprised when he turned up because the appointment was booked by a lady and he had a name that was o.k for male or female, so i just assumed it would be a gal. he was a nibbler but not too bad . did sculpts on him p/w but made a more natural colour by mixing my regular colours with clear.he was a great laugh and the time went really quickly .so if your appointment is genuine dont dread it youll be fine
Well girls,
Now I do enhancements for men as well as manicures...........
I find men can be just as particular about their hands as ladies are.........
Check out Antony Buckleys nails, fab enhancements there and they look cool......
Ketan Patel sports them too, so hey girls why shouldn't men wear them....... after all the days, where we just wore skirts and trousers where just for men, are long gone.....................
I find my male clients are a joy to work with.......take much more notice of the aftercare advice and are star clients.................
Most of my male clients, go for the natural tip, with a soft buff finish..........
The tip length is just level with the free edge...............So don't expect you male client to sport, long tallons.................To most it is a way of stopping the nibbling.................Or makes their guitarre playing easier, so I have been told....................

So I say have fun, you will have a ball and do a great job and he will admire your talents for ever..............

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Well girls,
...............So don't expect you male client to sport, long tallons.................To most it is a way of stopping the nibbling.................Or makes their guitarre playing easier, so I have been told....................

So I say have fun, you will have a ball and do a great job and he will admire your talents for ever..............

Just wondered how often would you infill a chaps nail enhancements...some of my gals that have shorter nails find theirs grow like crazy..do chaps come back once a week to combat have mini claws? or is 2 weeks not to long!

Fab Freak said:
Just wondered how often would you infill a chaps nail enhancements...some of my gals that have shorter nails find theirs grow like crazy..do chaps come back once a week to combat have mini claws? or is 2 weeks not to long!
They follow the same maintenance routine as the ladies.......... 2 weekly..........
Everything is the same for the boys as it is for the girls.............

BTW As their thumbs can be a bit larger then the avarge tip size, I sculpt their thumbs with Fabric......Just a thought ..................

Debsidoo here !!!!!
Well, he cancelled at the last minute, said he was too nervous to come and sit in the salon. I told him not to be nervous as I don't bite !! Anyway, his choice but he said he will try to get the courage up to come in.
He also said his name is Nicola.............so from that I take it he is a cross dresser. I am most intrigued to see if he is for real or just someone winding me up.
I will keep you all posted on the infamous cross dresser. LOL
xxx

:lol: :lol: :lol: oh debbie you have set me off again with the giggles,(which is good cos feeling a bit down today),i have been waiting for a reply from you about this,what a shame he/she cancelled,i too am intrigued(is that spelt right?)hope he/she does pluck up the courage for an appointment!(bet his real name is nicholas)thanks for making me laugh i needed it!best wishes for your future in the salon, DEB.x

So glad I could put a smile on your face !!!
I'm positive it's a wibd up cos he/she has been textin me rather than ring in person to arrange or cancel the appointment. Even had the nerve to ask if I knew anyone that did hair extensions !!!!
My husband laughed too but told me to be careful and if the texts kept on coming to be polite but firm and ask him to stop. You can never be too careful.
Keep on smiling hon !!!!
xxx

ooooooer now that puts new light on it,definately a wind up but seems quite creepy to me, :eek: is your mobile number on your business cards,if not then obviously someone you know but i agree with your husband,be carefull you don't know what freaks are out there :twisted: hey i'm not giggling anymore infact i'm a little worried about it,please keep me posted,,i will try my best to keep smiling,i go on a much needed holiday 2 weeks tomorrow so will definately be smiling then,take care babe! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back