Extensions from hell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reidebot

Down the Rabbit hole.
Reaction score
One of my stylists are new to extentions and he asked me to remove the tapes. I have less then a year experiance but this clients hair was matted between her roots and the tape itself. When I say matted I mean matted. The glue from the tape had also moved around the matts. I spent ages working withvour other stylist. We tried solvents, tangle teasers, conditioner and a lot of patients. On my stylists side he caused some breakage but there was luckily no damage done.

I think the biggest issue is that he has only learned them last week and we had no one to sort of help us along.

So what should we do in that situation?

(I asked the owner for help and he had no knowledge but he told us to bluff our way through.)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not one of you has any experience of removing tape ins, so removing someone else's work is not a good option . Maybe you should have referred your client back to the technician who applied them , in future If you have not applied them maybe refer them back to the original tech , to be removed xx

If your wanting to darken your hair and eliminate warmth I'd use a quasi like cor touch and 1.9. No need to lift when all your looking for is deposit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry, post above was meant for another thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

The technician just quit our salon. The stylist helping me was supppsed to be trained. I actually feel terrible as our boss made us do it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back