Extensions looked thin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley79

Ashley79
Reaction score
I fitted 175 strands of 1g 18" micro loops yesterday. They were double drawn & looked thick in the ends. My client was happy but I thought it looked too thin. They were really soft & silky I'm just wondering if I should have washed & dried them before fitting?? I was sure 175g would have been enough as she had fine- medium hair

You shouldn't have to wash and dry them before the fitting to make them look thicker, I've only had that problem with hair looking thin when I've fitted low quality hair a client has supplied.
Any 1 gram double drawn extensions shouldn't look thin especially not if you fitted over 150 strands so maybe it's not double drawn or it's not one gram a strand X

What supplier?

You shouldn't have to wash and dry them before the fitting to make them look thicker, I've only had that problem with hair looking thin when I've fitted low quality hair a client has supplied.
Any 1 gram double drawn extensions shouldn't look thin especially not if you fitted over 150 strands so maybe it's not double drawn or it's not one gram a strand X
Iv only done a few sets of extensions so far so it's all trial & error. I have a lady next week for 16" nanos. The samples from transform feel really nice & have good reviews but they are 0.9g so I'm thinking will I need more if yesterday's looked thin?? There are people putting pics in their FB page saying only used 120 strands??

Very wise choice!
Definitely avoid sjk! I use transform a lot and I use 160 strands for a standard full head. Always been more than enough. Only ever ordered 200 once for client with super thick hair x

Iv only done a few sets of extensions so far so it's all trial & error. I have a lady next week for 16" nanos. The samples from transform feel really nice & have good reviews but they are 0.9g so I'm thinking will I need more if yesterday's looked thin?? There are people putting pics in their FB page saying only used 120 strands??
Hi, I use Transform Nanos, which are really nice and longlasting, obviously it depends on your clients own hair thickness but I never use under 150g, it's always better to have a few too many than not enough!

T
Hi, I use Transform Nanos, which are really nice and longlasting, obviously it depends on your clients own hair thickness but I never use under 150g, it's always better to have a few too many than not enough!

Thanks guys for your advice will definitely order from transform next time. You hear so many mixed reviews about all different suppliers. Also another question.. My lady next week doesn't want her natural hair cutting. Her hair is fairly she just wants thickness & 4 inches adding on to her own length. Her hair is fine but cut straight across the bottom so will it work?????

Thanks guys for your advice will definitely order from transform next time. You hear so many mixed reviews about all different suppliers. Also another question.. My lady next week doesn't want her natural hair cutting. Her hair is fairly she just wants thickness & 4 inches adding on to her own length. Her hair is fine but cut straight across the bottom so will it work?????
P.s the reason for this is it's taken her ages to get her hair back in good condition after messing about frequently changing her colour so she doesn't really want the ends thinning as we have been trying to thicken it up for the last year! I thought maybe leave her length as it was trimmed 4 weeks ago & talk her into having a few long layers through her natural hair to blend the extensions???????

I fitted 175 strands of 1g 18" micro loops yesterday. They were double drawn & looked thick in the ends. My client was happy but I thought it looked too thin. They were really soft & silky I'm just wondering if I should have washed & dried them before fitting?? I was sure 175g would have been enough as she had fine- medium hair

Don't worry cheap hair will puff out after washing.

Latest posts

Back