Extensions shedding!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SofE

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a client that I fitted extensions to 3 weeks ago, the extensions are shedding to an extent that the strands are around a 0.3g and I fitted 1g!!! My client is exceptionally good at aftercare and follows them to the letter, this is her 3rd set! She called me last week and I went to see her straight away as I was concerned after the picture she sent me, I could not believe how thin the extensions where! I contacted the supplier but have been fobbed off with a email stating aftercare advise, the manager won't talk to me on the phone I just get some girl who says she can't offer advise but won't put me through to someone who can help! My client is being very patient but obviously she would like it sorting ASAP. I have offered to send the extensions I have removed to my supplier but I am still awaiting an answer on how to proceed!
Any advise on what could have caused it? How would you proceed?
Thanks guys, any advise would be great!! Xx

Hi all,

I have a client that I fitted extensions to 3 weeks ago, the extensions are shedding to an extent that the strands are around a 0.3g and I fitted 1g!!! My client is exceptionally good at aftercare and follows them to the letter, this is her 3rd set! She called me last week and I went to see her straight away as I was concerned after the picture she sent me, I could not believe how thin the extensions where! I contacted the supplier but have been fobbed off with a email stating aftercare advise, the manager won't talk to me on the phone I just get some girl who says she can't offer advise but won't put me through to someone who can help! My client is being very patient but obviously she would like it sorting ASAP. I have offered to send the extensions I have removed to my supplier but I am still awaiting an answer on how to proceed!
Any advise on what could have caused it? How would you proceed?
Thanks guys, any advise would be great!! Xx

Has she dyed them, assuming they are nail tips? Did you have any left over that u could test out on your own hair to see if they break down?
I would remove and redo for free in the meantime, then contact your insurance and write a letter include sample of hair, advise if you've also tested hair from that batch and detailed report.

Can I ask who you used as your supplier

What type of bonding system are you using? Natural resin, fabricated resin, pre bonded, micro tabs etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a many samples to show and I have tested the hair myself, no dye has been used and she uses very high end products.

I will contact my insurance company on Monday, I was giving the supplier the time to resolve but just feel fobbed off and ignored! I will not name them at the moment as they frequent these forums and I would like them to at least acknowledge the complaint and act on it! I have been using them for a long time and never had any problems.

I am refitting tomorrow, with another suppliers hair at my cost, I value my clients and will do anything to make them happy and feel totally let down!

Thank you for your reply hairbyAsya xx

I used iTips using the shrinkie method x

Ok well let's assume the client has been doing her maintenance correctly, not been swimming, not had a treatment on her hair and scalp, etc etc. the only two times I've see. Excessive shedding other than when clients don't 100% follow the rules are: once a stylist was over comfy with the client got a bit over confident and distracted whilst bonding so bonds weren't sealed correctly. And another was a batch of natural resin left in a trolley not sealed in its foil bag had got damp. It can only be the bonds not the hair itself - if you are 100% confident with your work then possibly a duff batch or client isn't telling the whole truth. Picking, protein treatments (incorrect products, swimming, sun screen etc

Ok well let's assume the client has been doing her maintenance correctly, not been swimming, not had a treatment on her hair and scalp, etc etc. the only two times I've see. Excessive shedding other than when clients don't 100% follow the rules are: once a stylist was over comfy with the client got a bit over confident and distracted whilst bonding so bonds weren't sealed correctly. And another was a batch of natural resin left in a trolley not sealed in its foil bag had got damp. It can only be the bonds not the hair itself - if you are 100% confident with your work then possibly a duff batch or client isn't telling the whole truth. Picking, protein treatments (incorrect products, swimming, sun screen etc

I am 100% confident the extensions have been fitted correctly! I used iTips pre bonded from my supplier and the shrinks are still attached, not falling at all, just the hair from the extensions. She looks after her hair beautifully and doesn't swim, have treatments etc. I have never seen this throughout my career hence my question on here. I believe I have a bad batch of hair which is why I purchased the new batch from an alternative supplier. I am just concerned about my other clients, if they start to shed (I fitted 4 the same week) I will have to refund/refit FOC them all!

Then most definitely do as you said and contact insurance etc. hopefully other clients will be fine! Fingers crossed they are - best of luck

I had this problem once before and it was just down to bad batch I ended up paying out of my own pocket as client never used the company's aftercare even though I had been doing her extensions for over 3 years and never had a problem she looks after them religiously, unfortunately this is the downside with suppliers there wil always be bad batches somewhere along the lines hope you get it sorted xx

I had this problem once before and it was just down to bad batch I ended up paying out of my own pocket as client never used the company's aftercare even though I had been doing her extensions for over 3 years and never had a problem she looks after them religiously, unfortunately this is the downside with suppliers there wil always be bad batches somewhere along the lines hope you get it sorted xx

I will call them again tomorrow to see if I can get anywhere if not I will put it down to experience and not use them anymore! Thanks for all the replys guys xx

Latest posts

Back