Extensions with 2 colours help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteffiMc

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm doing a ladies extensions tomorrow and just looking for tips on mixing 2 colours. I intend to cut the bonds in half and put the 2 colours together on one strand but wondered if I should do this the night before and fuse them together as one or just do it when applying as I thought maybe doing it the night before would affect the bonds :-/ but also think it may Beverly fiddley to do at the time of fitting! Any tips or advice would be great as I'm still new to it all. Thank you x

if you are doing alternating colours for her whole head you wont need to mix in onee strand hun, side by side should be fine....what colours are they? how much of a contrast?

It all depends on how big the secondary colour sections are... are they bigger than the bond size?

I've just finished a head now using five different shades to get a perfect colour match as she has very fine highlights and lowlights in different colours. I found it better to match as I went along so I could vary the mix.

It will not effect the bonds to do them the night before though if you feel it would be easier for you x

Edit: Sorry... a client, not a head! lol

HI Guys,
I need to order some hair for a client for extensions and my colour ring has not yet arrived. I have matched my clients hair to a 6nw on my normal colour chart. Will this be the same as a number 6 for the hair?? I order my hair off of e-bay so can't check it against anything.

Please help.

Kind Regards

if you are doing alternating colours for her whole head you wont need to mix in onee strand hun, side by side should be fine....what colours are they? how much of a contrast?

Hey yea it's alternating, it's a #3 and #4 lush-us hair. So if I do side by side one of each it should be ok :) x

It all depends on how big the secondary colour sections are... are they bigger than the bond size?

I've just finished a head now using five different shades to get a perfect colour match as she has very fine highlights and lowlights in different colours. I found it better to match as I went along so I could vary the mix.

It will not effect the bonds to do them the night before though if you feel it would be easier for you x

Edit: Sorry... a client, not a head! lol

Sorry im going to sound thick here but secondary colour sections?? Haha a head that made me giggle! X

What's her natural like is she literally 50% of each. If one shade is for highlights/lowlights you should be able to place them more randomly. Take a step back when your doing it and check where they are falling. Youll be more confident as you do it it'll just be over complicated in your head just now x

What's her natural like is she literally 50% of each. If one shade is for highlights/lowlights you should be able to place them more randomly. Take a step back when your doing it and check where they are falling. Youll be more confident as you do it it'll just be over complicated in your head just now x

It's where her colour has grown out there's as much root as their is colour and I tried to get her to have it coloured before hand but she didn't want to so I'm trying to sort of blend it if you know what I mean :-/ xx

It's where her colour has grown out there's as much root as their is colour and I tried to get her to have it coloured before hand but she didn't want to so I'm trying to sort of blend it if you know what I mean :-/ xx

You need to colour match the mid to end colour really as this is the hair that will lay against the length (well the top layers anyway) as if you match to the root it will just look like she has a different coloured band around the middle.

Secondary colour is when the hair is highlighted... you have your main base colour then secondary highlight colour. I usually work with main, hint and hue to get the best match possible. Sometimes more like today :D

Do you have a picture by any chance? x

You need to colour match the mid to end colour really as this is the hair that will lay against the length (well the top layers anyway) as if you match to the root it will just look like she has a different coloured band around the middle.

Secondary colour is when the hair is highlighted... you have your main base colour then secondary highlight colour. I usually work with main, hint and hue to get the best match possible. Sometimes more like today :D

Do you have a picture by any chance? x

Ok yea I get you, thank you!! I'm so glad I can come on here and get the help I need sometimes it's re assurance and I kinda know anyway but just doubt myself as I'm still sorta new to extensions I used to have salon workmates to help but I'm mobile now!! Thank you again :) x

Oh and sorry no pic yet but I'll take before and afters and maybe brave putting them on for constructive criticism or compliment I hope lol x

Oh and sorry no pic yet but I'll take before and afters and maybe brave putting them on for constructive criticism or compliment I hope lol x

Definitely put them on... I for one am happy to help where I can. x

Thanks again ladies :) x

Pics of the ones I was asking about all finished :) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340285960.275481.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340285960.275481.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 91
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340286088.225556.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340286088.225556.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 85
Gorgeous! Well done

Latest posts