Extra courses before starting NVQ 3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulieJ

Reaction score
hi all, I will be finishing my nvq 2 beauty therapy soon and I was thinking of doing some extra courses before starting my nvq 3. I have one to one tuition with a great teacher in her own salon and was thinking of training in gel nails, eyelash extensions and spray tanning (Sudo), so that I have a good selection of treatments to get going with some mobile work while I complete level 3. would this be a good idea or should I just get on with passing level 3? I'm not particularly looking to work in a salon, I want to build up a mobile client base and hopefully, one day, have a little place on my own (big dreams but I will do it!). Any advice please on the best way to go? which treatments are most popular? thank you

anybody? should I do some extra courses before nvq 3 or just get on with it?
thank you :) xx

How about spray tanning? It's quite easy to pick up and you can easily make back the money from the cost of the kit.

I did my Level 2 in beauty and these were the extra courses I did.. I did semi perm individual eyelash extentions.. Threading services.. Indian Head massage.. OPI gel color and I also did a training day in swarovski crystal nail art.. I'd of loved to do a course in spray Tanning as I imagine it's a good little earner but as spray Tanning is included as one of the units for me level 3 I decided against doing it now as there wouldn't of been any point as it's covered next year anyway and would of been a waste of money for me xxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry to hijack your thread but where did you do the Swarovski nail art course?? Xx

Sorry to hijack your thread but where did you do the Swarovski nail art course?? Xx

I was trained by Ellisons through my college but as far as I'm aware Ellisons don't actually advertise training for swarovski crystals so think that was a special deal set up between my college and Ellisons.. But don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure sweet squared do swarovski crystal nail art training so might be with finding out if they do xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back