Extraction Units Review

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve@nouvatan

Reaction score
Extractors are not always a necessity when spray tanning, when your spray gun is set correctly, (your gun should be a hands length from your client) and if you are doing only one or 2 tans at a venue. then over spray is minimal and any overspray will be caught in the pop up cubicle. in these cases I would advise against the need for purchasing an extractor.
If however you are salon or home salon based and are tanning in the same room, then an extractor is a good addition to any experienced busy spray tanners tools.
The 2 units i have been trailing are both british made, as we only do British made at Nouvatan. our solution, spray tan machines cubicles, and extractors are all manufactured in the UK, because not only are we patriotic but coming from a back ground of electrical engineering myself, i know that Motors manufactured for british voltages 230v are so much better than those manufactured for lower voltage countries who normally use 110v but have been converted to run on 230v.
The first unit was the Acrol Mc7620t this is the Info from the manufactures web site .....
Specifications
Over 760 cubic metres per hour filtered.
100 watt motor, 220 volts.
Weight packed 6.3Kgs
Size 306 x 306 x 120mm excluding handle.
Powder coated for a long life.
The motor has an “expected” life of over 40,000 hours, that’s 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for 20 years!!

The second Machine was the Solar ex this is the info from their web site solar ex are a little less "romantic" about there products. and a little more factual.
This unit is also ideal for the mobile spray tan technician as at only 5kgs this extremely lightweight unit can be easily lifted in and out of the car and carried into the clients house.

The powerful yet quiet motor and the large filter area removes overspray from all spray tan solutions and will continue working effectively for up to 70 tans.

The unit is hxdxw 460mmx630mmx360mm. The fan specification is 325m3/hr with and airflow of over 0.5m/sec at the filter face. It is constructed from rigid high quality ABS plastic which makes it extremely tough and shock resistant (should not damage if dropped)

These machines are both excellent, i loved the compact designed and washable filters on the acroll machine and on paper because it shifts more air per hour you would think it was a clear winner,
However the larger surface area of the filters in the Solar ex machine, and the fact that it is lighter despite it being almost 4 times the size of the Acroll machine meaning the motor attached doesnt need to be as powerful as it is filtering over a larger surface area.
In tests they both do the job very well, and i have to say i recommend them both equally, both companies are well established and will be able to provide parts and filters for many years to come.
If you want compact go for the acrol unit,
If you want large, more expensive looking and lightweight go for the Solar ex
If you just want one that does the job very very well .. toss a coin between the 2 Both machines are a similar price coming in at under £250
Totally impartial review as always, but I am tending to lean 51% towards the Solar Ex machine, purely for its looks and light weight. happy to help :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back