Extractor fan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Park 2018

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering would you consider the extractor fans that go in the back of the spray tan tent worth the money? Does it do a good job of pulling in overspray? Thanks

Hi Sarah,

If you are in a poorly ventilated room then it is worth the purchase.

You shouldn't really get much overspray if your gun is set correctly. What machine do you have?

Sarah

Im using the Aura spray gun and i know myself my gun is set far too high. I recently went for a spray tan myself and realised how much less tan they used and came to the conclusion mine is set much too high. If my gun is set a bit lower do you think i wouldnt need the extractor? Its a fairly big room just not contained and they spray goes everywhere at the minute

I'd certainly adjust it and test with water, not your solution just to make sure. You should be getting a fine mist through the gun, and be using around 35-50ml of solution per tan.

Yeah to be honest i feel like I am probably using twice that. Thanks for the advice x

I use max 50ml per tan and have mine set low and have overspray.
My furniture is white therefore it’s easy to see afterwards. I actually stopped advertising tanning for a while because of this.

yea its a nightmare isint it! My furniture is the same all white and its a torture to clean everywhere after.

If you buy an extractor fan and put it in the back of a tent it is a complete waste of money. This was good advise many years ago when spray tans were applied by airbrush and the flow of solution was much more controlled, ie into the tent. The new hvlp guns all spray at 360 degrees so unless you stand in the tent you will spray around and above the tent. You will also get solution bounce back off of your client as the solution hits the client and very fine droplets bounce back into the room. (just blow your nose after a session).
The Cube Inflatable Tent is plastic and solution sticks to the inside of the tent and is just wiped down after use, this will reduce overspray into the room, also the Ravair Vortex Spray Tanning Extractor is on wheels and stands in front of the tent to catch any overspray, full details on the Ambermist website. In any event any extractor you buy should be in front of the tent, any extractor with enough power to pull overspray solution from the room past the client and down into the unit would be too noisy and too powerful. All it would do is suck solution from inside the tent and off of your client.

Latest posts

Back