Extreme Powder Glaze - cracking???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
Just a quick question: the client i did a week ago called me and said that they were "cracking" so i asked her to pop over which she did! After i'd nearly had a heart attack and my tummy was turning over and over, i was pleasantly relieved! Her idea of cracking was a tiny crack in two of the nails near the free edge. I filed with a 180 grit and then re-applied finishing glaze resin. She did give it away a bit when she said that it hurt - well if she didnt catch it then why would it have hurt!!!

What i want to know from those out there that use Extreme Powder Glaze is did i do it right?? Should i have rebalanced it or should i have soaked it off and re-done it? Not sure whether the crack went right through or not :o . Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Carole,

I've used this system in the past and I would have probably done the same as you in that situation.

Hope you don't mind me asking but how do you get on with this product when the rebalance is due. The only reason I ask is although I loved using it, when I started to file the product would lift and I ended up nearly removing all the product!!!! :rolleyes: It would have been quicker to have done a new set :) :lol: I don't have this problem with L&P or gel so any thoughts as too what I'm doing wrong would help :lol:

Carole Lindsay said:
Just a quick question: the client i did a week ago called me and said that they were "cracking" so i asked her to pop over which she did! After i'd nearly had a heart attack and my tummy was turning over and over, i was pleasantly relieved! Her idea of cracking was a tiny crack in two of the nails near the free edge. I filed with a 180 grit and then re-applied finishing glaze resin. She did give it away a bit when she said that it hurt - well if she didnt catch it then why would it have hurt!!!

What i want to know from those out there that use Extreme Powder Glaze is did i do it right?? Should i have rebalanced it or should i have soaked it off and re-done it? Not sure whether the crack went right through or not :o . Any help would be appreciated!

Hmm I've not used mine yet - could you call them Carole and see what they say? Do you have to activate the glaze finish or does it dry naturally?

Carole Lindsay said:

As long as the crack was only in the finishing glaze then just buffing (or should I say sanding) and reapplying should be ok. You definitely wouldn`t have needed to soak off and do it all again cos you can generally just file into the crack and reaply.

Fab Freak said:
Hmm I've not used mine yet - could you call them Carole and see what they say? Do you have to activate the glaze finish or does it dry naturally?
Glaze finish needs to be activated!

Debs said:
As long as the crack was only in the finishing glaze then just buffing (or should I say sanding) and reapplying should be ok. You definitely wouldn`t have needed to soak off and do it all again cos you can generally just file into the crack and reaply.
Thank goodness for that! I was in a major panic when she rang and couldnt believe how minor the problem was!! I thought she meant it had cracks in it but she'd obviously caught it by what she said!! Anyway i managed to sort her out by buffing (sanding to us!!) with the 180 (could i have used 100?) then using finishing glaze and activator. Did i do okay, Debs?? Are yours all ok??

plaoh said:
Hi Carole,

I've used this system in the past and I would have probably done the same as you in that situation.

Hope you don't mind me asking but how do you get on with this product when the rebalance is due. The only reason I ask is although I loved using it, when I started to file the product would lift and I ended up nearly removing all the product!!!! :rolleyes: It would have been quicker to have done a new set :) :lol: I don't have this problem with L&P or gel so any thoughts as too what I'm doing wrong would help :lol:
Hi hunny: i cant answer that question coz it was the first time i'd used it and i havent done a rebalance yet. I'll let you know when it comes to it. The rebalance shouldnt be any different to any other system. All i can say is she had a weeny bit of lift on one and i got rid of that with no problem.

You did fine hun.
As for the rebalance, I do the same as L&P, refine the shape with 180 grit above any lift until it flakes away, then 240 around cuticle area.
When nails are ready for product they should only need base, dipping once, finish and activate, then buffing (not sanding) to a shine

sorry Carole, I forgot to say my nails are still brilliant. Absolute minimum lift on 1 or 2 but no problems at all. I just need to book in for rebalance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debs said:
sorry Carole, I forgot to say my nails are still brilliant. Absolute minimum lift on 1 or 2 but no problems at all. I just need to book in for rebalance!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are booked in for a rebalance but unfortunately its not until the 3rd August when they will probably be hanging off!!!! Are you sure it isnt okay for me to "sand" them???

Carole Lindsay said:
You are booked in for a rebalance but unfortunately its not until the 3rd August when they will probably be hanging off!!!! Are you sure it isnt okay for me to "sand" them???
If you insist on "sanding" them, then you`ll need to apply 2 coats cos you`ll sand it all off again, lol

Extreme glaze i have to say looked alot better than i expected. I loved your nails Debs that Caz did they looked really thin and natural. I found it easu to use when you showed us how but still in two minds wether to do it yet as funds abit limited.

Just ordered my Ezflow stuff so need to bring abit of dosh in before spending it again.

Carole Lindsay said:

Way to go OH Great Extreme Convert!!!!!! :biggrin:
You did exactly wot I wud hav done!!!! soaking off?....Not needed!
Well done Carole! Mwah!xxxx ;)

Latest posts

Back