Extreme Powder Glaze

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent them an email yesterday for a free trial kit and they came back saying they don't have any left.

As I am a beginner can you explain by what you mean as dipping?

Regards
Deb379

Deb379 said:
I sent them an email yesterday for a free trial kit and they came back saying they don't have any left.

As I am a beginner can you explain by what you mean as dipping?

Regards
Deb379
Hi Deb
Wot a shame! I'm not surprised though coz its not often these places just give it away! Dipping means that, in short terms, you paint on a layer of base resin (like painting on a polish) then dip the tip in the powder pot and it picks up the powder; you then finish it with a resin finishing glaze. Try to imagine it like wetting your finger then dipping it in sugar - does that make sense??
Hope that helps.
Love C xx

i also got an email saying that :rolleyes: never mind maybe next time

Hi Carole

I take it you dip when it's on the finger? What happens to the underside of the nail, do you have to wipe it out with a brush? Are there times when you may get uneven thickness by dipping?

Regards
Deb379

It has been interesting to read the post on B/S Extreme system! What I would like to know is...do ALL clients dip their finger in the same pot? Would that not be considered unsanitary? I just wondered:confused: Can you build a beautiful apex if you are dipping? Does it not get on the skin? Anyway help me understand someone!!:D

Mrs Geek said:
It has been interesting to read the post on B/S Extreme system! What I would like to know is...do ALL clients dip their finger in the same pot? Would that not be considered unsanitary? I just wondered:confused: Can you build a beautiful apex if you are dipping? Does it not get on the skin? Anyway help me understand someone!!:D

I wondered about that fact of clients all dipping their finger in the same pot and how do you get the smile line crisp - I got mine read the instructions and put it to one side for the mo...

Measure out powder into a small dipping dish (available from Backscratcers for about £4.50 I think and dispose of at the end of treatment) This way you would not compromise hygine.
Norah

Deb379 said:
Hi Carole

I take it you dip when it's on the finger? What happens to the underside of the nail, do you have to wipe it out with a brush? Are there times when you may get uneven thickness by dipping?

Regards
Deb379
Hi Debs
I'll try to answer your questions but it'll be easier for me to when i've tried it on a willing person!! I think the idea is that it wont stick to the underside because it hasnt got resin on it. As far as thickness is concerned, i think you'd brush off the excess powder that isnt stuck to the nail but i cant see how you'd get uneven thickness and i suppose the same as any L&P system, you'd even it up with your file but remember its a much thinner layer than ordinary L&P.

Hope this helps
C xx

Noz said:
dispose of at the end of treatment - this way you would not compromise hygine. Norah
Thanks Norah, that's cool - I imagine that could get pretty expensive though! What about my other questions - anyone??

I too would have thought you would have a lot of waste by using a separate pot full for each client...defo would not dip each person in the same pot! I saw someone doing this in a salon and was put off the idea of it straight away!...and wouldn't have thought it was possible to build with! Ok for those who can't master the traditional liquid and powder I guess!

Mrs Geek said:
Thanks Norah, that's cool - I imagine that could get pretty expensive though! What about my other questions - anyone??
Hi Mrs Geek: judging by what i've seen in the instructions, i think that you dont build an apex!! I think it is more of an overlay. maybe a more experienced user would be able to help. Also, as far as hygiene is concerned, you also get a pipette to suck up the powder which means that the finger doesnt have to go in the pot anyway.

Hope i've answered at least a bit of your other questions!

Best regards

Thanks Carol - I was just interested because it sounds such an unusual way but I think a 'coating' makes sence!! You are adding some extra strength but less than what you would acheive from an L+P or Gel!! Cheers ma dears!

Mrs Geek said:
Thanks Carol - I was just interested because it sounds such an unusual way but I think a 'coating' makes sence!! You are adding some extra strength but less than what you would acheive from an L+P or Gel!! Cheers ma dears!
I'll keep ya posted when i've tried it on a live human being as opposed to a inanimate object!!!!

Sawasdee ka

There is an other thread on the geek site some where about the dipping system and geeg speak about this system already because when i was in Bangkok last time i saw dipping system i have in note book in my salon the name the product they use i can not remember .

When i was in Bangkok festival for the queen i did not see the finished nails because there were about 50 or more nail artist there and i went to look at all the free hand painting but there is a thread about this system already .

Mui from the land of smiles

TracyUK said:
Ok for those who can't master the traditional liquid and powder I guess!

But I just dont like the smell of L&P!!!!!!
For me this isnt cus I cant master L&P.....I just dont like the smell of it.....and I cant work in something that churns me stomach each time I open the lid!
I dont share the pot.....i measure sufficient powder out and dispose of the tiny bit remaining before cleaning and sanitising the dipper. I guess with careful and repeated practice I think it would be possible to build an apex by using the resin cleverly. (aint got that proficient at it tho yet so dont ask me to show you!!!!!!)
The Powder adheres to the areas of nail that have been "resined". Yes a small amount of the powder can come into conatct with the clients skin but as it is powder....i just tap off the excess and the client will wash her hands at the end of treatment anyway so this ensures any traces of the powder have gone.

As far as the apex is concerned Samantha, it can be built up much the same way as it is with a fibreglass system. It is a strong and durable system and I`ve always had great results with it, I wouldn`t say it was as good as L&P but not a lot to knock about it at all.
I will show you when I come over Carole. I`ll be the one leaning out the window with me gas mask on and the extractor unit doing its business too. It really does have a lovely smell so its a shame that it doesn`t like me

Hi there, I hav also recieved my free trial pack of Extreme powder glaze, and I think its fab, I have used it on myself and love it and its so easy, I have also used it on mt mate Joaanne who is my guineu pig for all trials, she thinks its fab and wants this always. I too am trained with Creative L & P, and Brisa Gel, there is no harm in offering an alternative to your clients. If possible we should give any product a go. Good luck to all with there trial kits im sure you will love it.

Best wishes
Carol
Cottage Nails :)

ps. It would be ideal if more companys offered trial kits. Good for business. :)

Carol at CottageNails said:
ps. It would be ideal if more companys offered trial kits. Good for business. :)
We do!!! :D

Don't forget that if you use Fabric# and Creative Retention+, you can do the same thing with the resins and the powders and no need to buy another system at all ... !!

I have never had a client ask for this method of enhancement and they are not as strong as L/P, gel or wraps (not my opinion ... the strength has been measured) but if it is working for you then great. We have not found any demand for it in our salon despite being able to offer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back