Extreme Powder Glaze

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the term "dipping" is misleading. I was trained to used this system and was instructed to touch the resined nail onto the powder (palm facing upwards). The fingers and nails are already sanitised. The only thing that would come into contact with the powder is the resined nail and the surrounding skin. When you remove the finger the powder is stuck to the resin and there is a trace of powder on the skin which is easily tapped off onto a placemat (not back into the pot).

I use the lid of the pot for this "touching". Since everything that has touched the powder has come come out with the sanitised finger/resined nail there is no waste.

If you actually "dipped" i.e. finger pointing down, I think you would push the resin upwards as the powder is quite compact in the pot.

During my training I was certainly told that this system is not as strong as fibreglass and that it was better suited to clients who wanted shorter extensions.

I use it occasionally on clients. I think people don't ask me for it because they don't really know about it (my fault, I prefer the strength of fibreglass so I promote that). However, I often use Extreme on my right hand because its so quick and it is much easier to do on yourself than fibreglass! On my own hands I find it very strong and the results are great.

For me the negative side of this system is brush on resin. It might be me, but I have never found a brush on resin that is usable or openable (new word) after about four uses. I wipe the brush throughly before I put it back in the bottle, I clean the lid and neck before putting away, I make sure not to drip resin on the bottle neck etc., but I always end up throwing virtually full bottles away!!!! A new bottle of resin for every four or five clients would prove a little expensive, but this may be a problem unique to me.

Were they really offering the trial kits free? Does anyone else do free trial kits?

I have been using Extreme Powder Glaze for the last year and have had good results with it. I frequently use it on my own nails as I find it easier to do my right hand (unless I'm using fibreglass).

The only problem I find is it isn't strong enough for enhancements with one dip. The handful of customers who request this system all have to have a double dip, which gives more strength but does result in a thicker nail!! Although, one dip is fine for a natural nail wrap.

Glynis, I too have a problem with the resin and the bottles. I'm always replacing the brushes or throwing away half full bottles :(

I do have a query that I hope some of you may be able to help me with. When I've used this system I never have any lifting but one of my ladies gets alot of lifting and I do make sure that I've preped properly. Also when I start to file away the lifting the product seems to crumble away so I end up chasing the line half way down the nail :mad:

Could it be that she isn't suited to this system or that's she's telling me a porkie when she promises that the cuticle oil is used frequently!!! :lol: Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back