Extreme Powder Glaze

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
Has anybody got any experience with Backscratcher's Extreme Powder Glaze? I've got a free trial kit and wondered what everyone thought of it. It sounds too good to be true: no patting?? How can it work??

I got one to try as I already use something similar, namely The Edge Quick Nail System. Up to now I have only used it on myself but have had no problems. It is a "dipping system" whereby you apply the resin and dip the nail into the powder, building up in this way. I find it very easy and quick, and it appears to be longlasting (The Edge one is as well).

artymarty said:
I got one to try as I already use something similar, namely The Edge Quick Nail System. Up to now I have only used it on myself but have had no problems. It is a "dipping system" whereby you apply the resin and dip the nail into the powder, building up in this way. I find it very easy and quick, and it appears to be longlasting (The Edge one is as well).
This is the first time of heard of a dipping system: what i cant understand is why would anybody use the other type of system which is so much harder if this is sooo easy??

Am I being cynical??

Why are you cynical?????
I have to say....I used Creative......did a 4DFC...... its superb........ BUT
I have a total aversion to the smell of traditional L&P....its soooooo yuk.....!

Now I know lots of L&P techs who I would forward work to........(Glo...are you ready for the work Hun??????).....but there are lots of my clients that are more than happy with the results from Extreme,
Its thin and believable....and yet really durable.
For me.....traditional L&P is not an option......Im not prepared to work in something that displeases me.......for me...Extreme is the only alternative.
:)

Could someone tell me the price difference between the two, is it cheaper than traditional L&P?

Just curious really, i've heard a little about the dipping system but i'm not convinced its as strong as trad L&P, anyone know for sure?

Jacky said:
Why are you cynical?????
I have to say....I used Creative......did a 4DFC...... its superb........ BUT
I have a total aversion to the smell of traditional L&P....its soooooo yuk.....!

Now I know lots of L&P techs who I would forward work to........(Glo...are you ready for the work Hun??????).....but there are lots of my clients that are more than happy with the results from Extreme,
Its thin and believable....and yet really durable.
For me.....traditional L&P is not an option......Im not prepared to work in something that displeases me.......for me...Extreme is the only alternative.
:)
Hi Jacky
Only cynical coz i hadnt thought of the differences. I guess that i was always told that you had to do things the hard way (ie. traditional L&P) for it to be the best - thats what i meant about was it as good!! I havent smelt the Extreme so i just assumed that they all smelt the same :)

Many of you already know that I mainly use Backscratchers' Glass Glaze fibreglass system for extensions, and their Sheeer Magic china silk for natural nail wraps.

However, I also offer Extreme and find it really quick and easy to use. Very durable too. I'm sure you guys will find the same. :D

Good luck girlies!!

G. xx

Just thought I'd chime in on this one....

I have a VERY good friend that is an Educator for Backscratchers- her name is Darlene Sammons- and she is an unbelievably talented tech- her email is [email protected] - I suggest contacting her for some help.. her work and experience is highly impressive...........
:biggrin:

I got the trial kit a couple of weeks ago and just HAD to test it on myself immediately. I originally trained with The Edge and in all systems inc their quick acrylic nails so the principle is the same. Have to say I have been very impressed with the results on myself - no lifting and only broke one nail last week (caught it on the boot catch of the car when my thumb slipped and it hurt like hell :o ) Going to 'trial' it on my sis next coz she is VERY heavy handed and I never get to a maintenance without at least one break! Doing my Creative conversion next month but I just wanted to test another system especially as it was a freebie!

Shaza

Shaza said:
I got the trial kit a couple of weeks ago and just HAD to test it on myself immediately. I originally trained with The Edge and in all systems inc their quick acrylic nails so the principle is the same. Have to say I have been very impressed with the results on myself - no lifting and only broke one nail last week (caught it on the boot catch of the car when my thumb slipped and it hurt like hell :o ) Going to 'trial' it on my sis next coz she is VERY heavy handed and I never get to a maintenance without at least one break! Doing my Creative conversion next month but I just wanted to test another system especially as it was a freebie!

Shaza
Hi Shaza: can you let me know how the "trial" goes on your sister. I'm interested how it will work on someone who is more "heavy handed".
Best wishes,

I have to say I am quite heavy handed when it comes to enhancements.....and I am terrible client really I am! ( I dread getting clients like me!......no gloves for washing up...gardening and using em as trowels...."forgetting" that nails need oil etc etc!)
Often I do the neglect thing just to see how well my application stands the test of time.....Extreme really has.
I have a lady who is a florist (quite "hard" on her nails) and I tried the Extreme on her. I adjusted the application slightly....using fibreglass as well as the Powder Glaze and she (as I am really!) is delighted with the durability of the system for her.
I love tht there is hardly any odour, the Glaze Dryer smells positively yummy compared to many resin activators. In fact I guess thats the only bit that does smell!
Down sides I find....and I guess this is just my inexperience really...is that I tend to clog my brushes up a bit with it! :o
If the trial thingy is still on at Supernail it would be well worth having a bash at it.

Please can someone tell me where i can get a trial kit of the Extreme glaze as really would be interested in trying it.

i'm really getting into fibreglass at the mo down to carole lindsay, so it would be great to try something similar.

i have just pm ed carole lindsay with the same question, as i am wanting to have a go now aswell

020 8752 1924

thats the number for Supernail Head Office. Im not sure if the Free trial is still on but you could always ask em.....tell em you saw the Ad in Scratch mag!

Hth's

I got the free trial kit a couple of weeks ago and I'm very impressed. My first love is L&P, but wanted an alternative. I found it quick and easy to use, no smell, virtually no filing, and incredibily strong. I usually wear long enhancements but shortened them for this trial - they lasted really well and (this is top secret) I tried biting off the tips the other day while sitting in the car in a traffic jam - boredom does that to me, I'm afraid. And, whereas my L&P will usually die without much of a fight, I found myself driving home with weird shaped bendy tips that refused to be bitten off!

One of the downsides, and it's more than likely my application, was the presence of tiny little bubbles, more so in the clear powder, than the pink which I bought later, but still present in the pink.

The other was their method of applying pink and whites, which involves the use of a form - I found this extremely messy and didn't give the result I was looking for, but again, I've only just got this system and haven't had a conversion course, so what can I expect.

Overall points from me - 8 out of 10.

Hi Jackie
there could be two reasons for the air bubbles problem
1. did you put enough resign on the powder
2. did you give the resign time to wet the powder before you sprayed
I always complete one nail and then move on to the next and go back and spray I found this was the only way to eliminate the bubbles.
BUT THEN I COULD BE WRONG - TRY IT AND SEE BUT I NO LONGER GET AIR BUBBLES
CHEERS
NORAH

Hi

To get really good clarity you need to apply your resin as quick as possible after dipping.

Thanks Norah and Tracy, I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.

:D

I love the Backscratchers dipping system and have used it for a while with no problems at all. I have no lifting, no breakages, no bubbles or anything.
My very first system was the edge fibreglass and their dipping system but I couldn`t get the hang of that at all.
Unfortunately I now have an allergy to resins and activators so I have to stick to L&P and Gel now for a while.

Debs said:
I love the Backscratchers dipping system and have used it for a while with no problems at all. I have no lifting, no breakages, no bubbles or anything.
My very first system was the edge fibreglass and their dipping system but I couldn`t get the hang of that at all.
Unfortunately I now have an allergy to resins and activators so I have to stick to L&P and Gel now for a while.
Cheers for that Debs! Does that mean that you're prepared to be a guinea pig for me (again!) when you come over on the 30th??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back