Extremely dry cuticles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilenailsbfd

Reaction score
Just lately I have extremely dry, flaky cuticles :(. I wear acrylics with shellac over and use solar oil everyday sometimes twice which isn't helping. I also use cnd hand wash and Nivea hand cream. Can anyone make and suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

Solar oil and CND scentsations lotions x

Oh and maybe CND cuticle eraser. Apply a small amount of it with solar oil to create a "moisture pack" on the nails. Do this once a day but use the solar oil alone as often as you feel it's needed x

As I say sometimes I use solar oil twice a day maybe I should use it more??? Already use cnd hand was maybe should swap hand cream to cnd too? Thanks for the reply xx

Have you been thought "hot oil treatments" ?

I took a new manicure course last month and was thought this is the best solution to help extremely dry and/or hard cuticles. Using a mix of almond and olive oil, add a drop of scent of your choice (I chose orange), warm it up a bit in microwave in a small glass bowl/dish. Then dip some cottons balls in the warm oil, place over your nails/cuticles and wrap in foil. If you have a magic/warm bag you can place it on top and wait 10 minutes. Then remove.

Should do the trick. It's worked wonders on me so far, can't wait to try it on clients (they all have great cuticles, I guess I'm lucky?).

Continue to use your solar oil 2-3 times a day.

Thanks for that tip I haven't been taught hot oil therapies but il give that a try on myself and see if it helps :)

Oh and maybe CND cuticle eraser. Apply a small amount of it with solar oil to create a "moisture pack" on the nails. Do this once a day but use the solar oil alone as often as you feel it's needed x

I love Solar Oil, but I must say, cuticle eraser is one amazing product and it doesn't get enough credit in my opinion... it does exactly what is promises and you will notice the difference after just one application.

Try it... you won't be disappointed! :biggrin:

I love Solar Oil, but I must say, cuticle eraser is one amazing product and it doesn't get enough credit in my opinion... it does exactly what is promises and you will notice the difference after just one application.

Try it... you won't be disappointed! :biggrin:

Totally agree and wouldn't be without mine! Even when I leave the house at stupid o'clock, I won't leave without doing my routine with Cuticle eraser and solar oil first.

Latest posts

Back