Extremely dry scalp round the hairline

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrubadub

Reaction score
Just jumped over from beauty in hopes that you guys can help!

I have an extremely dry scalp round my hairline, it flakes a lot.

I used to use head and shoulders ( I know it’s bad for your hair and scalp but it worked) and I was recommended to use La Biosthetic sensitive scalp but this doesn’t really seem to be helping much.

Anything else I can try that will help with this as I don’t want to go back to using head and shoulders?

Yes go to the doctors! This is a dermo problem. You need prescripted shampoos

Just jumped over from beauty in hopes that you guys can help!

I have an extremely dry scalp round my hairline, it flakes a lot.

I used to use head and shoulders ( I know it’s bad for your hair and scalp but it worked) and I was recommended to use La Biosthetic sensitive scalp but this doesn’t really seem to be helping much.

Anything else I can try that will help with this as I don’t want to go back to using head and shoulders?
Head and shoulders doesn't treat the problem, it actually contains glue like polymers that stick the dry flaky skin down, which is why you don't notice the fall of it.
You need a shampoo specifically for dry, flaky scalps.
Look for shampoo containing one of the following ingredients:
zinc pyrithione
Salicylic acide
Slenium sulphide
ketoconazole
Coal tar

I Think your go to's would be the likes of t gel, polytar, selsun, nizoral, capasal.

Professional care you could look at : kitoko anti dandruff shampoo
Matrix biolage dandruff shampoo
Bed head reboot scalp shampoo
RedKen scalp relief
Philip Kingsley - flaky itchy scalp
Wella clean anti dandruff
If the problem is not treatable with shampoo and conditioner, then seel medical advice. Unless you have an infection of course (flakes will be yellow rather than white)

Head and shoulders doesn't treat the problem, it actually contains glue like polymers that stick the dry flaky skin down, which is why you don't notice the fall of it.
You need a shampoo specifically for dry, flaky scalps.
Look for shampoo containing one of the following ingredients:
zinc pyrithione
Salicylic acide
Slenium sulphide
ketoconazole
Coal tar

I Think your go to's would be the likes of t gel, polytar, selsun, nizoral, capasal.

Professional care you could look at : kitoko anti dandruff shampoo
Matrix biolage dandruff shampoo
Bed head reboot scalp shampoo
RedKen scalp relief
Philip Kingsley - flaky itchy scalp
Wella clean anti dandruff
If the problem is not treatable with shampoo and conditioner, then seel medical advice. Unless you have an infection of course (flakes will be yellow rather than white)

I know H&S is rubbish that’s why I don’t want to go back to it! they are deffo white! I will have a look into the ones you’ve suggested, thanks!

I suffer from Psoriasis on my scalp.
Yes i know it is not a Professional Shampoo, but "T Gel" has worked wonders for me.

Latest posts

Back