Extremely dry toes and skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZippyDuck

Reaction score
Anyone know what I can do about this? My skin on my toes is extremely dry.
I mainly walk barefoot throughout the day and the red parts sometimes hurt a little. I found that it got worse with polish on the nails but I am not sure.

Attachments

• Fuss.jpg
    Fuss.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 27
I think you have already identified why your feet are in such a bad way. Nothing on your feet ? That's a sure way to cause damage to the skin and create problems with dryness, injury, callouses and general soreness. Are there chilblains too ? Plus the pathogens that you are walking on day in and day out are not good for your feet.

Wash your feet twice a day, using a gentle soap, dry thoroughly and then moisturise. Wear clean laundered socks and always wear a shoe, slipper or trainer and I am sure there will be a massive improvement. Alternate your foot wear so that they have the chance to dry completely if your feet sweat quite a bit.

I would also suggest that you should seek the advice from a podiatrist as they will get to see them and can screen you for any potential health issues which could also be a contributing factor to the dryness.

I'll pass on commenting on polish....just leave off if in doubt.

You Can use the mentioned item for your dry skin-
1. Coconut oil
2. Petroleum jelly
3. Oatmeal baths
4. Antioxidants and omega-3s
5. Gloves
6. Adjust your shower temperature
7. Use a humidifier
8. Avoid allergens and irritants

Anyone know what I can do about this? My skin on my toes is extremely dry.
I mainly walk barefoot throughout the day and the red parts sometimes hurt a little. I found that it got worse with polish on the nails but I am not sure.

Petroleum jelly and cling film in socks regularly

Latest posts

Back