Extremely large pores and oily skin - Roaccutane?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dianette has recently been replaced with a pill called Yasmin,which,for me has been great,Never had a problem,I still get the odd spots but nothing like I used to,what's your immediate family's skin like as that plays a huge part also? Both of my parents have and still do,acne prone skin,both me and mum suffered with terrible cysts,she still does however I took roaccutane about 13 years ago,it was available on the nhs then and while it comes with heaps of side effects,I didn't experience one and have never had a cyst since,I had every type of antibiotic going but they did eventually stop working,everything is down to the individual I feel.
I may get stick for praising the drug but I totally know where you are coming from and I'm just being honest as to what actually worked for me,I went through it all in my teens which is the worst time.
Hope you can get something sorted x

Nobody has mentioned anything about eating habit yet, food and lifestyle can be the cause of excessive sebum production and acne.

For your skincare routine, I think what you're doing is a bit too harsh

May I recommeded you using Enzyme face wash from Mychelle(most of their ingredient are Certified Organic , no preservative, no SLS)

and use clay mask 1 or twice a week , looking for an ingredients like Zinc Oxide,kaolin ,Colloidal Sulfur as these will help to absorb an excess oil and regulate the production at the same time(I'd recommend Mario badescu they have very good mask products BUT stay away from their moisturiser and face wash as they tend to have a lot of skin irritating ingredients in it)

I have so much to say but find it difficult to write and findind the right words as English is not my first language.

But remember this , if you are acne prone ,sensitive or oily skin type ---- Less is More...

Hi, don't know how much it would help, but you might get on with Duac gel from the doctors. Reduces the bacterial load on the skin, prescription only. My boyfriend's skin is looking loads better now, no flare ups or shine.

Hey guys
So I went to see my GP and I am on the waiting list to see a dermatologist (long waiting list)
I have cut back on my exfoliation and only exfoliate once a week now. My pores still look the same, and I am still extremely oily. Hoping the dermatologist will recommend something! :) xx

That's good, have your break outs reduced? I would stop exfoliating altogether so that the derm can see your skin as it naturally is. Also, unless you have a hormone imbalance then oily skin is just normal for a lot of people.

That's good, have your break outs reduced? I would stop exfoliating altogether so that the derm can see your skin as it naturally is. Also, unless you have a hormone imbalance then oily skin is just normal for a lot of people.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that! My breakouts have seemed to have got worse, there might be a day where I have no spots at all, but usually that only lasts a day - the next day I'll wake up and have three more. My nose is extremely oily, I can literally see the oil glistening within a few minutes of washing my face.

Are you sure it's oil and not just the sheen of the skin? If you blot your nose with a thin piece of paper or tissue paper can you see oil absorbed onto it? One other thing, bit random, but do you eat things like sweets, Haribo or crisps with a lot of flavouring (e.g. Doritos)? Sometimes the colour additives in food can cause breakouts.

i am due to start roaccutane in june after 16 years of acne. i know lots of people who praise the drug despite bad reviews. i cant wait x

Are you sure it's oil and not just the sheen of the skin? If you blot your nose with a thin piece of paper or tissue paper can you see oil absorbed onto it? One other thing, bit random, but do you eat things like sweets, Haribo or crisps with a lot of flavouring (e.g. Doritos)? Sometimes the colour additives in food can cause breakouts.
Yeah it's definitely oil, oil is soaked on blotting paper. I hardly ever eat junk food

i am due to start roaccutane in june after 16 years of acne. i know lots of people who praise the drug despite bad reviews. i cant wait x
I have also heard good things about it, I hope it goes well for you! Xx

Latest posts

Back