Extremely tangled hair - almost dreadlock

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronray

Reaction score
My best friend has always had fairly knotty hair. Since having her baby, her hair now knots from the root, when her hair is washed it separates itself into clusters at the root and the ends bind together! It took me 2hours to de-tangle it and cut it the other night!
It's her birthday at the end of the month and I said I'd sort her out with some nice products etc....
But what the hell do I buy?
I cut quite a bit off, and it has stayed smooth and fairly tangle free, but obviously now she needs to wash it, and she's too afroid to.

I'm thinking, either a moisturising shampoo and conditioner, or maybe something like colour goddess that helps shut the cuticle down?
And then a leave in conditioner/de-tangle?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated! I'm at a loss with this one!

I would personally choose Moroccanoil - the Treatment is fantastic as are the shampoo and conditioner. The oil is suitable for all hair types and they have a luxurious look to the products - is also pop in a tangle teaser! x

I would personally choose Moroccanoil - the Treatment is fantastic as are the shampoo and conditioner. The oil is suitable for all hair types and they have a luxurious look to the products - is also pop in a tangle teaser! x
Thank you for your suggestion, I'll take a look, I think a table teaser is a must lol

Haha they are life savers in our salon!!

I think the wet brushes are better than tangle teasers, hopefully it's just something that's going on while her hormones are unbalanced and will go back to normal soon x

Iv not used the wet brushes good to know that they’re good too! x

I did a bit research and I think the wet brush has better reviews! And I love the skull pattern ones!

I did a bit research and I think the wet brush has better reviews! And I love the skull pattern ones!
I just think they are much easier to hold, the tangle teasers don't fit in my hand very well, and I don't think they glide through the hair as well as the wet brushes x

Latest posts

Back