Eye covers in facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmacanaspie

Reaction score
Hi all,

So when I’m doing a facial I like to use something to cover the clients eyes when the face mask is on to help encourage relaxation while I do a shoulder and neck massage.
I have been using cotton wool pads but these just seem to fall off/move around and aren’t very comfortable.
Does anyone use any kind of reusable eye masks maybe a cooling eye mask that they would recommend?

Thanks!

I just use cotton wool pads dampened with cold water.

I use cotton wool pads dampened in a soothing eye lotion

I use cotton wool pads dampened with rose water. If they are fidgeting you could use a hair band to add a little weight to the pads and just accept that they may move a bit anyway. Re adjust if needed.

Thanks for all the replies i will try dampening the cotton wool pads

Rather than just applying damp pads with water, you could consider dampening cotton pads with a hydrolat such as Rose to soothe the eyes and hydrate at the same time.
A tip to help adhere in place is to take a tissue corner to corner and roll it so it it creates a long thin string like piece. Sit this over the cotton pads and tuck into the headband, this will hold the eye pads in place :)

I use dampened cotton lads, with cold eye stones on top of pads. Keeps their eyes closed and is very relaxing and soothing on the eye. Also gets them asking about the stones and we have a discussion about Hot & Cold Stone Massage.

I like that idea New Spa may have to try that myself. After 20 years in the industry it’s always nice to get new tips thank you

Thank you for all the replies I will try some of the ideas :)

Hi all,

So when I’m doing a facial I like to use something to cover the clients eyes when the face mask is on to help encourage relaxation while I do a shoulder and neck massage.
I have been using cotton wool pads but these just seem to fall off/move around and aren’t very comfortable.
Does anyone use any kind of reusable eye masks maybe a cooling eye mask that they would recommend?

Thanks!

I use an under eye collagen mask when their mask is setting and then use a spritz of toner on damp cotton pads to cover eyelids so the client relaxes instead of looking around the room when I go to fill up bowls.

I wouldn’t bother until that point as they just fall off and eyes are closed while doing the facial anyway.

Have you thought about using an eye pillow over the top of any eye masks, they are great for blocking out the light, helping clients to relax and they do scented ones too. Elemis as a brand use them.

Have you thought about using an eye pillow over the top of any eye masks, they are great for blocking out the light, helping clients to relax and they do scented ones too. Elemis as a brand use them.

No I haven't! but I will definitely have a look thank you :)

I use an under eye collagen mask when their mask is setting and then use a spritz of toner on damp cotton pads to cover eyelids so the client relaxes instead of looking around the room when I go to fill up bowls.

I wouldn’t bother until that point as they just fall off and eyes are closed while doing the facial anyway.

Can I ask what collagen masks you use and where you get them from?

Latest posts

Back