Eye Cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
I have noticed that the skin under my eyes is looking a little crepey (sp) and would like to know if there is anything you would recommend to help this.....something thats real....not something that gives a temp fix until washed off...:lol:

Thanks all. x

Hiya Angie. I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend. There are so many out there on the market. Ive recently taken on MD Formulations and received great results. They have a super eye cream called Vit-A-Plus Eye Complex. It contains 10% glycolic acid and up to 2% Vitamin A (any higher than this it has to be prescribed by a doctor). It repairs damage from the inside out. BUT it is not a moisturising eye cream, more of a 'medicine' to treat under the eye with fab results. Because its not a moisturiser an appropriate eye cream must be applied over it.

I love eye creams ! I am fanatical about them !!

Some of my faves are

Decleor Hydra tenseur (My all time fave, great for firming and dhydration) Its a serum to which prefer over a cream.

Dermalogica Total Eye Care SPF 15 (Great for sun protection and is tinted so hides those grey circles!)

Gatineau do an amazing one to but I can't remember the name unfortunatley. I also rate the Clarins Extra Firming eye creams there is one for morning and night.

I use the decleor hydra tenseur in the morning and a cream called 457 in the evening which I had for christmas I think it was from either selfridges or harrods but im not really that impressed with it.

If I had to reccommend one then it would have to be the Decleor serum I think its about £28 mine lasts for ages though as I only use it in the morning.

I used to use Decleor alot but never tried the eye serum...I'll look into that...
I will check these out and see who stocks near to me....thanks both x

I like L'Oreal eye cream for me personally. I really miss it if I don't use it and feel it does make a visible difference. I am sure the professional products have a great affect but I find L'Oreal hard to beat. x

any other recommendations ??

I use Timewise age fighting eye cream, morning and night. It contains Shea Butter, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide and a patent age fighting ingredient which firms, brightens the skin surrounding your eyes giving you a more fresh appearance, it also provides intense moisturisation for up to 10 hours and minimises fine lines/wrinkles.

I tend to stick to one brand of skincare so I can reap all the benefits from the products; I've found that mixing in the past didn't agree with my skin.

The Gatineau one is Melatogenine Futur Plus Eye Concentrate, and I think they also do a whitening one (luminating), and there's Gatineau DefiLIFT 3D Eye Contour Lift Cream with Botufix.

Hi Angie

I'm not a Skin Geek so this is just purely on personal findings. I've tried quite a few and I like the Benefit Eye Con best. (larger branches of Boots, can't remember how much but think it's less than £20) hth x

botox?:green:

I use avon eye serum and nivea visage Q10 day and night eye cream...both work wonders for me:green:

I can thoroughly, and personally, recommend SwissDermyl's Eye Contour Serum, under a finishing cream. I've noticed a definite improvement in the last month since I started using it :)

I'm a bit fan of Estee Lauder and get good results with their skincare range. :)

Oh dear, you are going to get so many different recommendations, you wont' know which one to choose :lol:

Some of the ones I've tried.

Benefit Eyecon - really liked it and mine lasted me a good 6 months ! From memory it was about £25.

Oil of Olay - Nature Fusion, roughly £10 - £11. Really nice too, but then I like most of the Olay products.

Aldi Lacura Eye Cream - only got this one yesterday and it seems OK. Paid a whopping £1.49 for it :eek: There were 3 different kinds, a gel, one for sensitive skin and one for mature skin.

The problem I seem to have is that my skin isn't dry (however, I do feel more "moisturised" when I use an eye cream), I want to prevent the little wrinkles I'm getting under my eyes, the frown lines between my eyebrows and crows feet.

Not sure if any of the above creams are helping me with this as the wrinkles are still there !! :lol: :lol:

Marlise

Marlise

Last edited:
There have been some great reviews on Derma E products....anyone heard of it...??

L'oreal revitalift eyes for me ..been using it for about 7 months and it works for me ..noticed a difference 3 weeks after using it skin under eyes started to firm up..i use all of the l'oreal skin care range cleanser,toner,moisturiser,eyecream,nightcream...i watched one of gok wan shows "how to look good knaked" a while back they were doing tests on women from 25-50 on skin creams ..l'oreal came 1st but i cringed when the one that came 3rd was voted that it totally firmed up the facial\neck skin it contained.............SNAIL SLIME :eek:

How about having a course of eye treatments at a beauty salon near you? I have just bought a Professional Lift machine and as part of the Ultra Visage non-surgical face lift treatment you can concentrate on the clients particular areas of concern. I did a treatment for a lady the other day (it was her first treatment with me) and she walked out the salon so happy because she felt she could see a difference straight away ~ a course of 12 is recommended to get the best results!

It works by re educating the muscles to tone and lift ~ it is the muscles that supports the skin so by working on the muscles you're going to help the skin tone up too.

Hope thats helped xx

Latest posts

Back