Eye Lash Extensions HELP PLEASE

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taralass

The Tan Room
Reaction score
I have been having extensions for 9 months now and this wk decided to have them taken off.......OMG i dont seem to have any of my own lashes left. It has really upset me and i wasnt infomred that it would ruin them.

Can anybody advise me of how i can help them grow back?
:Scared:

Eyelash extensions do not ruin lashes as long as they are applied and maintained properly.

When you say that you dont seem to have any left, is it just a case of you having them on for a while and getting used to the length and then all of a sudden now that they are off they seem overly short and probably not as curly?

Also, how were they taken off?

my beauty therapist took them off, it took her about half hour. Mine just seem to be very very short, too short to apply mascara which was never the case before.

Can i purchase anything to help them grow?

My friend has been using revitalish, pretty expensive at £98 but WOW!!

It looks like she has extensions in there that long... Amazing x

Its often the case that after having them for so long you are used to seeing long lashes in the mirror, its usually a physcological effect that you think they are really short and not like before but this is often not the case. You will eventually get used to seeing your natural ones in the mirror and all will be fine.
I always write down the length of my clients lashes on their first appointment and do take photos when I can and this has proved this theory.
If they have genuinelly been damaged you will have gappy lashes not all a similar length and this would be due to bad application etc.

My friend has been using revitalish, pretty expensive at £98 but WOW!!

It looks like she has extensions in there that long... Amazing x

Lash Perfect supply a product called Lash Science which is amazing stuff and a little cheaper at RRP £62.50

I use good old castor oil on my lashes and they are longer and stronger x

I have been having extensions for 9 months now and this wk decided to have them taken off.......OMG i dont seem to have any of my own lashes left. It has really upset me and i wasnt infomred that it would ruin them.

Can anybody advise me of how i can help them grow back?
:Scared:

When I did my first lash course with a trainer who was very experienced in applying lashes herself, she mentioned that lashes can appear shorter when you have them taken off (something to do with oxygen not getting through to lash - I wasn't experienced enough to question this point at the time mind you).

I can see how it would be possible also to really notice how short they are due to being so used to having lovely long lash extensions too but don't despair!!!, the trainer assured us that it is a temporary condition and they will grow back to normal. When I have had lashes applied myself in the past, I have always noticed that they look shorter after (not just because I am used to longer ones) but they have always grown back. Lashes is my bread and butter and if she spent half an hour taking them off, she must have taken care as I would say that is roughly the right time.

Assuming they weren't clogged and you're not a picker!!!, there shouldn't be any gaps either.

Personally, I can't get on with wearing all the time because I like to rub my eyes too much which is a real no no if you don't want to pull your natural ones out.

I think if you can be patient, they will soon be back to normal.

Take care

Julie
xxx

Latest posts

Back