Eye Lashing Tinting Done on Celebrity Scissor Hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oey

Reaction score
I have finally managed to catch up with some of my TV viewing from last week and the weekend and saw the eyelash tinting that was done on Celebrity Scissor Hands by one of their professionals on Lee Stafford. It was done using eye pads that looked completely plastic and while the tint was processing the lashes were completedly covered up by what looked like cotton wool pads. It also looked like she used a tint application tool that i hadnt seen before to apply and remove the tint.

Did anybody else see this or know what tinting system uses this method? It looks really interesting and I would like to find out more about this system.

Thanks guys.

i think the under eye pads were the paper things that you can buy , and the lash application thing looked like a very fine eyeliner brush to me , but i might be totally wrong coz only cought a glimpse of it
i might try my next one with a fine brush instead of the lip brushes i do it with
hth x

i think the under eye pads were the paper things that you can buy , and the lash application thing looked like a very fine eyeliner brush to me , but i might be totally wrong coz only cought a glimpse of it
i might try my next one with a fine brush instead of the lip brushes i do it with
hth x

Thanks Dee

To me the pads looked alot more plasticy than the paper ones I use in the salon and the tool she used looked like a thin plastic type spatula. I didnt see any brush hairs on it but like you say it was all so quick that you couldnt get a really good look.

If we dont get any ideas on here I will e-mail the BBC to send if they send me info of the products they used.

I have been watching this religiously every night!! I love it.:)

I did see that one and I even said to hubby "Oooh that looks different!" :lol:

She also removed the product differntly to how I was taught at college. She used her tiny brush to remove it all before lifting the pads off whereas I was taught to use the pads to remove the tint.

Interesting.:)

Thanks guys - I have now e-mailed the BBC so we will see if we can find out more about this product and technique.

:hug:

Thanks guys - I have now e-mailed the BBC so we will see if we can find out more about this product and technique.

:hug:

Good idea!! If they respond do share.:green:

yeh please let us know coz i am intrigued , lol xx

It was probably just her own technique.I use an orange stick to put the tint on and use cotton buds to remove majority of tint before i wipe with damp cotton wool discs.
I was taught with a tint brush and to remove with just damp pads but i prefer my own way.

you can buy tint sticks that are plastic that i have seen and they look the same. you can get them instead of tint brush. see nailorder.com.

Sounds like the Reflectocil product it is nothing too jazzy just a plastic, thin round applicator and the paper stuff does not do anything better than cotton wool. I have the waxed paper but use cotton wool as I prefer it. :hug: The Reflectocil tint is quite good though for depth of colour.

weezie, thats the one i was thinking of. i nearly got them when i started but was worried about poking the client with them being plastic.

Oh yes i know. I cant get on with them, bit wobbley, so not enough control.
The slanted end of a large orange stick is good because you can pick up a good bit of product and really work it into the lashes so you make sure you pick up the bottom ones as well you can also get right to the root without going on the skin.

weezie, thats the one i was thinking of. i nearly got them when i started but was worried about poking the client with them being plastic.

They're actually not too pokey! I haven't lost an eye ball yet! I have actually moved over to Permalash tints and am very impressed but do use the plastic applicators to mix and apply. I have found however that a small slanted eyeliner/eyeshadow brush that I brought from MAC is excellent for getting down to the roots.

Oh yes i know. I cant get on with them, bit wobbley, so not enough control.
The slanted end of a large orange stick is good because you can pick up a good bit of product and really work it into the lashes so you make sure you pick up the bottom ones as well you can also get right to the root without going on the skin.

This is how I do it too. I find the orange stick so much easier to control.

That methond sound weird, but i will tell you the tips:

- for deeper colour mix blueblack and black, darker colour and lasts longer
- place a small warm bean cushion over the eyes for the developing time, this helps to keep their eyes shut and the heat incourages the development and depth of the colour.
- i wipe the tint away with warm cotton wool until they are clear before asking them to open so i can wipe the bottom lashes, takes the sting away if they have any.
- finish off by applying sbc collagen gel around the eyes to cool down + anti-ageing
- massage their scalp and cover them with a duvet :zzz:while tint is developing.

I tell you the truth - they will never go anywhere else, but you.

- for deeper colour mix blueblack and black, darker colour and lasts longer
- place a small warm bean cushion over the eyes for the developing time, this helps to keep their eyes shut and the heat incourages the development and depth of the colour.
- i wipe the tint away with warm cotton wool until they are clear before asking them to open so i can wipe the bottom lashes, takes the sting away if they have any.
- finish off by applying sbc collagen gel around the eyes to cool down + anti-ageing
- massage their scalp and cover them with a duvet :zzz:while tint is developing.

Wow that sounds amazing, wish I lived near your salon! Thanks for sharing x

That sounds amazing !!

I would come to you to have my eyelashes tinted everyday just to have a scalp massage !!

Latest posts

Back