Eye make up on mature skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lipstick Kisses

Reaction score
Hi geeks, just looking for some advice, I've a few mature ladies (mother of the brides/ grooms mostly) for make up recently and I don't feel I'm doing my best work [emoji17] I'm struggling applying eye makeup due to the saggy skin on the lids, I put a colour in one place and they blink and it moves and doesn't look right. I guess it's just as I've not had the opportunity to practice on more mature ladies and it's obviously different to the younger clients but what do you recommend? Is there a trick I'm missing? They all seem happy with it but I just feel I could do better. I have another on Saturday that didn't want a trial so I'm a bit nervous going straight in! And tips would be gratefully received! Thank you x

Hi geeks, just looking for some advice, I've a few mature ladies (mother of the brides/ grooms mostly) for make up recently and I don't feel I'm doing my best work [emoji17] I'm struggling applying eye makeup due to the saggy skin on the lids, I put a colour in one place and they blink and it moves and doesn't look right. I guess it's just as I've not had the opportunity to practice on more mature ladies and it's obviously different to the younger clients but what do you recommend? Is there a trick I'm missing? They all seem happy with it but I just feel I could do better. I have another on Saturday that didn't want a trial so I'm a bit nervous going straight in! And tips would be gratefully received! Thank you x
Hey I have just started out but have done a few mature ladies,so can hopefully help. When I apply to a mature eye I make sure I lift eye lid where is sags so I can get in the crease. Sure a blending brushing but blend extra than I usually would as the colour tends to sit in creases of the skin more. When pulling up the lid pull from the brow . I try not to use too cool Browns as they can look harsh. I hope this helps sorry if you already do this . Wayne boss goss, advise my style and Stephanie Lange you tubers do videos on hooded mature eyes.

Thank you, I do pull the eye up but I will try a warmer brown tone thank you. I guess it's just practice! I may ask my mum to get her friends round for a practice [emoji5]️ xx

I tend to find anything too cool on mature eyes ages and anything on the outer corners with a shimmer aging too.i use Art Deco for mature skin they have Matt shades. Golds are nice too not on the outer corners. It is hard to work with mature eyes.once you do s few you won't even think about it

Latest posts

Back