Eye primer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storme

Reaction score
I have read on here about an eyeshadow primer from urban decay and decided to try it out and see how good it was, as it had a lot of good reviews.

I am slowely building my make up kit up so I can start doing prom's and such.
I went to go buy some but noticed there were alot of varities, about 4 I think, are they all for different skin tones or types?

I don't mind buying the little travel size kit for myself and my mom to use and see how it works but just wondering for future reference if I go with it.

The ddifferent Urban Decay ones are for different finishes. There is the original one which is actually colourless, I think there are a cuple which have shimmer as well as colour, so can be used alone as a long wear cream shadow as well as a base.

Personally, I can't bear the UD one, it's horrible to blend over. My favourite is the Nars Pro Prime.

Oooh I see. I think I would only want the original one then...
can I only use cream eyeshadows with it or can I use others such as powder?

I quite like the urban decay one, just get the original one, you don't need them all. You can use creams or powders over it, although cream shadows that don't set will still crease.

I personally prefer MAC paint pots as a base over the urban decay one (I use Painterly most of the time).

Ahh awesome thank you.
I am going to buy the original and test it out.

I quite like the urban decay one, just get the original one, you don't need them all. You can use creams or powders over it, although cream shadows that don't set will still crease.

I personally prefer MAC paint pots as a base over the urban decay one (I use Painterly most of the time).

Just to give another opinion on the MAC paint pots - they crease terribly on some people. Best having a specific eye primer as well. The Too faced one is also great if you want something a bit cheaper.

Latest posts

Back