Eye shadow nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ms. Nailz

Reaction score
I haven't tried this, but I dont think it would work. I read about this on google, eye shadow nail polish. I think it would clump up. What do you think would happen? I like to try new and creative ideas. Thanks.

I haven't tried this, but I dont think it would work. I read about this on google, eye shadow nail polish. I think it would clump up. What do you think would happen? I like to try new and creative ideas. Thanks.

No harm in giving it a go!! Eye shadow is pigment ... they add pigment to polish .. if mixed thoroughly you might get some interesting results.

The worst that could happen is that you'd have to remove it! Give it a whirl and let us know how it turns out.

I will and I'll get back to ya. :D

i got some eyeshadow which you can use as nail polish and lip gloss from GMEX last year and it goes on really nice i was surprised with it

I have used Mac pigment eyeshadows (and some very very cheapo ebay ones I wouldn't let near my eyes lol) in both polish, l&p and gel, quite fun ( made sure to sandwich between layers with both gel and l&p)

barry m pots work well but you have to mix really well

Sorry I dont have a scanner or a digital camera. The color of my new polish is a little darker than a lilac color. Very Pretty.

do you have a link to the products?

No, but I have the name of the store. Walmart. The eyeshadow and polish I bought are Maybelline Expert wear. The color: Amethyst high pearl finish and a small bottle of Bon Bons white polish. Buy a larger bottle of polish, cause it will be eaisier to get the eyeshadow into it. My two funnels I have didn't quiet fit in mine but I managed to accomplish it. Add shadow a little bit at a time until you achieve the right shade. Mash the eye shadow up really well. Good Luck to you!!!

If you don't have a Walmart there, I'm not familiar with Ireland, but any white polish and shadow will do. You could try Walmart.com: Save money. Live better. but I'm not sure if they ship overseas.

Last edited:
I've tried it with dazzle dust from Barry M, it looked wonderfully on my nails, however it stained them badly (still have the marks now) it looks like you've just got a bit ball point pen on your nail. Wouldn't do it again, I find the much better option is glitter.

Hi, I have tried this and as long as you mix it well it works! I use bare minerals shadows to mix with not only clear polish but also gel to create perm gel colour. a word of advice, start by mixing a tiny amount of shadow to polish/ Gel and mix well, add more if you need to. A little goes a long way!! and using this method you should get no clumps. Happy experimenting!!! x

I've tried it with dazzle dust from Barry M, it looked wonderfully on my nails, however it stained them badly (still have the marks now) it looks like you've just got a bit ball point pen on your nail. Wouldn't do it again, I find the much better option is glitter.

I'm sorry about your bad luck with it. To bleach your nails here are a few things to try. Soaking in lemon juice, brushing with whitening toothpaste, scrubbing them with a lemon and Hydrogen peroxide. You'll have to try one or more of these once to see results but use the peroxide sparingly as it dries out nails. I haven't tried mine yet, did my nails already. Always do a test of something first. Good Luck

Try mixing polish. When I'm ready to take off this polish I'm trying black and white in a "marble" style. Use your imagination, the possibilites are endless and it might be easier than the eye shadow.:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back