Eye treatments- disclaimer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloverhill

Reaction score
Just wondering if people get their clients to sign a disclaimer for tinting??
I was taught to do a patch test at least 24hrs before treatment but I know nail bars who just get clients walking in & having tinting done without patch tests??
Does your insurance cover this?

Unfortunately no, disclaimers are not worth the paper they're written on. Skin test every time.

Debbie

Unfortunately no, disclaimers are not worth the paper they're written on. Skin test every time.

Debbie

Thanks for your reply 😊

In my opinion a disclaimer is the technicians admission of guilt.

Meaning, they know they should NOT be doing whatever it is they are about to do therefore should be saying no to the client not saying please sign this disclaimer.

PS.. Disclaimers do not stand up in court.

Just wondering if people get their clients to sign a disclaimer for tinting??
I was taught to do a patch test at least 24hrs before treatment but I know nail bars who just get clients walking in & having tinting done without patch tests??
Does your insurance cover this?

I do a patch test, ask them to fill out a client record card and log it on there. I've never had a client not want to come for a patch test and if they say 'I've been fine before' etc I'll educate them a little bit on the reasons why.

The salons who are not carrying out sensitivity tests are invalidating their insurance.

I walked past a brow bar local to me, I saw a client having tint applied to some quite red looking brows, they appeared to have been threaded first, we all know that's a complete no-no!

Last edited:
As a professional it is up to us to tell our clients no to a disclaimer. We should be telling them that this is not an acceptable way to do business, and if you saw the severe reactions that can happen with tint and glue you would never risk it. I had a client who wanted to sign a disclaimner and when I said no, she had to have a patch test, she said she would go elsewhere. I asked her what kind of professional treatment she thought she would get if they don't do patch tests. she laughed, and agreed with me, and magically made time for her patch test!

Vicki x

Latest posts

Back