Eyebrow definition course, Capital

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Geeks

Please can you share with me your thoughts on the Capital Brow Course.

I alreasy qualified in waxing and tinting and am pretty good with brow make up.

I dont want this to turn in to a debate about HD brows or billion dollar brows. As much as I would love to do it I simply cannot afford to but would like to imporve my skills and came across this course.

Also if there any other courses that wont completely break the bank please let me know :)

Thankyou

I would also like to not hear about hd brows for once! Like you I'm looking fOr a recommended course in something similar.
I'll be interested in other peoples experiences in these type of courses!

Can anyone help? I have done a search but havent come up with anything??

I always think you get what you pay for. All the Capital courses are cheap (under 90 pounds) and done by the salesassitants -they are therapists but not convinced they are trained to train. I am really relactant to believe that yoy can learn a skill in one day.
With HD you buy the brand. It's a lot of money though -but you can advertise it as HD brows. If you do the Capital course, what can you advertise it as?
My thoughts

July xx

My friend did a waxing course at capital she said it was awful xxx not the brow one tho just waxing x

Thanks for your input.

What training and support is offered with Wow Brows Julia?

Thankyou

:)

Thanks for your input.

What training and support is offered with Wow Brows Julia?

Thankyou

:)

Hiya, do you do eyebrow shaping? We have a training academy in Bristol where we do courses on Sundays. The Eye treatment courses are a must -these days it's all about eyebrows and eyelashes -you can set up a business with these treatments alone. Our trainign website is www.bristolbeautytraining.co.uk but Ruth is working on it so it's not fully workable.
If you do, I'd say a threading course and eyebrow powder to retail. The threading is so straight forward to teach but you have to practice.

With the Wow! Brows powder, we offer tips on how to display, how to apply it after the shaping (for instance if you apply the colour on the arch it accentuates it and make the brow look longer) and how to sell it without the hard sale. I hate a pushy sale and would never force it on clients.

HTH

Julia x

I do, I wax tweeze and tint. I love brows but am looking to improve my technique. Can you tell us frankly how your course differed or is maybe alike to some of the other courses out there, such as those by Kim lawless or bdb or the usual HD? Thankyou for taking the time to respond :)

I do, I wax tweeze and tint. I love brows but am looking to improve my technique. Can you tell us frankly how your course differed or is maybe alike to some of the other courses out there, such as those by Kim lawless or bdb or the usual HD? Thankyou for taking the time to respond :)

Ooops, delayed reaction, haven't seen your post.
I'm passionate about eyebrows and this is reflected in my training.

I put a lot of work and time in coming up with my own version of eyebrow design package -that's where the Wow! Brows powders were born.

Just "doing" waxing is not enough to shape the eyebrows. Knowing where to put the arch or to smooth the too round brows makes such a big difference. And it's a very lucrative treatment.

I have done the HD training myself as I was intrigued but didn't learn anything new.

I offer after course support in the way of free workshops -something you couldn't get with Capital or Sally's. And I think sometimes it's the personal touch that matters, having a small group of students means you can fire questions on and get more from your course.

does this help?
July x

Kim Lawless is the Wax Queen - I just missed out on her next Manchester course and now doing HD Brows but this was a very highly recommended course!!!

:green:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm I had been looking at Kims course, have hear its highly recommended. Just doing my research.

Wow brows: Do you have any info you could post out to me??

Thankyou

On training or eyebrow powders?

Ooh July could you post me some info too.. Or have you got a web link? Thanks :)

Ooh July could you post me some info too.. Or have you got a web link? Thanks :)

The eyebrow powders link is www.wow-brows.net.
Let me know your email address and I'll send you a trade pack.
The training website is www.bristolbeautytraining.co.uk but it's not fully workable.

Eyebrow treatments are one of the fastest rising beauty treatments on the market. Our Wow brows course is held over 2 days in Bristol or we can come to you, costs £260, you can optionally buy a powder package which includes display stand and a number of powders, we have other eyebrow related products, serum, gel or stencils.
We offer on-going support a standard and regularly hold workshops so you can see what's new. All students receive certificates and training manuals on completion and our education team is always at the end of a phone if needed.
HTH.

July x

Can I ask if the brows on the gallery page are brows done by Wow-Brows?

Hi, Angelina, yes, of course. ;) have you noticed my lashes crying for an infill? ;)

I didn't even notice the lashes! I didn't know if the pics were to show the powders or the brows.

The powders, deffinately! Brows were ok but once we applied the powder, they were amazing. The fact that the pictures are close up shots of the eyes and brows only doesn't really show them off as you have to see the whole face really to appreciate it.
July x

Sorry to bring an old thread up
But...July could you please tell me how much the kit is to purchase for after this training? Thanks x

Latest posts

Back