SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Htb

Reaction score
So, I have working for a very big brand proving brow treatments for about 3 1/2 years now and been in the industry for over 4 years. So safe to say, I know my brows! It’s my favourite ever treatment to do.

So, I do so many wax and tints day in and day out, now I am starting my business on the side part time I am obviously going to provide this treatment. I am SO on the edge whether to do a HD brows course? I do LVL lashes and I feel like the two go hand in hand as they are quite “luxury?” treatments. (I also provide other beauty treatments with good brands).
I know that recently HD brows course cost has gone down. However, is it worth doing it? Worth charging the amount for what seems like not loads more than a wax and tint?
Opinions please ! Xx

I would do some market research with your existing clients. They may not want to fork out the extra cost with something that you may well already do immaculately anyway.
It is more than a wax and tint, but you probably already provide near enough the service with what you do.
I love brows too, but I don't need to change what I do so have never been tempted.
One of my clients does eyelashes and she is constantly bombarded with requests to do brows. She doesn't offer them together ,but i think it would be a better investment for you. IMO
How about providing a collagen eye mask as a small add on to complement and give a luxury pamper., inbetween their tidy up sessions? just a thought.

Sorry, of course it is more than a wax and tint. There’s many steps that go into it, but also as I’m aware they do use some products after to get that look too as in concealer brow pencil etc. So, please correct me if I’m wrong!- but once the products off, a standard wax and tint compared to the HD brows will look very similar?
Yes! Thank you for your suggestions xx

I haven't done an HD brow course but I have trained therapists who have. They didn't seem to know how to map a brow accurately and frankly, their shaping work wasn't all that. I'm not saying that all HD brow artists are poor of course, but the standard isn't universally high.

I don't think the public values brow brands like they used to. There are a lot of women afraid of looking ridiculous so marketing a brand can be a problem - I hardly ever get an enquiry for a particular brand. I offer 3 branded brow treatments. They all have their regular clients but in my salon the best selling brow treatment is brow shape by (my name). Just concentrate on marketing your skill and add about £7-£9 for a luxury service. Combining with an LVL you can add nice eye pads as Rosie suggested, do a lymph drainage massage around the brows and finish with a bit of make up. I do an eye area facial with a brow service and it's very popular.

Great suggestion by The Duchess.
You could call it your "Signature eye special "or "Sensational eye treat!"
Unique to you, and no need for another big spend on a course.

Latest posts

Back