eyebrow patch test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noulady

Reaction score
What is the best place and method of skin patch tests for eyebrows?

Is 24 hours enough time to leave it on and do you cover it and ask the client not to get it wet? where is the best place to put it?

Also what do you think to eye lash tinting? I am not going to offer this service in my salon because i think there are plenty of good mascaras to do the same job. I also come from a hairderessing background and just hate putting peroxide that near the eye:eek:

J x

The way I was taught to do a Patch test was to,
  1. Wipe the inside of the wrist with surgical spirit
  2. Prepare the tint solution and place a small amount of the solution on the cleansed area
  3. Leave the tint for 1 minute and remove with a damp cotton wool pad.
Then ask them to call you 24 hours later to let you know if there has been a reaction.
I do the same test for Perming to.:hug:

The way I was taught to do a Patch test was to,
  1. Wipe the inside of the wrist with surgical spirit
  2. Prepare the tint solution and place a small amount of the solution on the cleansed area
  3. Leave the tint for 1 minute and remove with a damp cotton wool pad.
Then ask them to call you 24 hours later to let you know if there has been a reaction.
I do the same test for Perming to.:hug:

I do this but either on the inner elbow or behind the ear.

And as for eyelash tinting, I find a lot of clients want it done. Some have it done all the time - I had a regular client in on Friday for it, she can't be bothered with the hassle of mascara. And some have it done for something like a holiday. Either way, it's a good treatment to be able to offer, I get plenty of interest.

Should i offer eyelash tinting?
I worry about taking the tint off :eek: Has anybody ever rubbed it into a clients eyes? I know you should lightly wipe the tint off down away from the eyes, but I still worry about it.
Does anybody feel the same or is it just me:green:

I worry about taking the tint off :eek: Has anybody ever rubbed it into a clients eyes? I know you should lightly wipe the tint off down away from the eyes, but I still worry about it.

I do more eye lash tinting than eye brow tinting. It is a matter of confidence and skill with lash tinting. As long as you are careful, professional and confident with your application it will go fine and a great result can be achieved.

i would offer tining i do loads especially comming up for spring/summer. And if you wipe off lightly in the same direction and do so till the cotton pad is clear you will be fine and if you start now you will have the knack by the high demend in summer.

you will be fine we all get a little worried when adding somethink new to our treatment list.:)

Hi I love doing eyelash tinting but one thing to do if you are unsure about whether you have left any tint in the eye is to do an eyebath. I did this on a refresher course and it really is soothing and relaxing. After you have removed all the pads hold a small kidney bowl with clean lukewarm water on the clients cheek bone. With the other hand drip small water drops from a clean piece of cotton wool onto the closed eye and let it drain into the bowl. It feels great and you will feel confident that all the tint is removed.

:)

thanks girls

what refresher course did you go on essentia?

think i will give it a bash,

J x

Hi noulady - I went on a weeks refresher at the beauty academy but although I picked up some good tips some of it was not so hot!! I paid £1000 for it but I suppose it gave me an idea of what is being taught today. Some of the less good things were a full body massage for 40 minutes!! Incorrect skin consultations etc etc. The tutor's waxing skills were good but she had never worked in the industry in a salon and I felt some vital skills were missing.:)

a little tip for you!! wet a few cotten wool tipped orange wood stick or cotton bud
get your client to look up hold the upper lid up slightly and gently rub between the eyelashes with the damp bud it will remove any left over tint from between the lashes..

:eek:

Latest posts

Back