Eyebrow skinning/burns

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there

It is very frustrating when mistakes happen with waxing.
I agree with Karen never apply it too thick especially on the face. I use strip waxing and 99% of the time it's great. However especially on the brows only put the wax on the hair. This sounds strange but it can over lap on to the eye lid which is when the skin can be taken off :(

It's just a reminder how fragile the skin is and how important it is to support the skin.

I have been in beauty therapy for almost 10 years and the strangest things can happen from time to time the main thing is to sympathise and apologise to the client. I am sure you did if you felt with it well put it behind you :)

Hope this helps 😉

I find creme wax too harsh for facial waxing. I now use Gel wax and my clients rarely even go red, a very low temperature, thin application with no tea tree as its too rsh for burned or sensitive skin, keep very taught and offer sudocreme maybe in a pot to give to them just in case. Use lavender afterwax. DO this and i doubt it will happen again xx

Oh and if they are sweaty or oily skinned cleanse twice x

This has happened to me but luckily the client is a friend and she got burn/scabs under brows. So the next time I did it I pulled the strip off a little slower as I think by pulling off really fast may cause it also, and I did smaller sections.

Latest posts

Back