Eyebrow tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showson

Reaction score
Hi geeks

just a quick question i do lash and brow tinting and when i tint my own eyebrows they just do not seem to go dark enough with the brown tint so just wondered if i used black tint would they look black or just dark brown !!!

I mix the two together. I always put it on for 90 seconds max then remove, if its not dark enough you can always do it again! xx

thanks never thought about mixing them, will give it a try XX

im quite fair and i mix black and brown and leave it on for like 5mins! i looovvee really dark eyebrows when there really well shaped! i did the HD brow corse and it was brill on things like this! at college u sort of get told to just put tint straight on then off they sort of scare you off tint! were HD show you how to really do it and not be scared!
but you can even mix 1/2 n 1/2 gray and brown then leave it on for alot longer! the gray prevents the brown from going toooo dark while grabbing the light and gray hairs and turns them all a lovley brown! dont be scared give it a go! x

Hi geeks

just a quick question i do lash and brow tinting and when i tint my own eyebrows they just do not seem to go dark enough with the brown tint so just wondered if i used black tint would they look black or just dark brown !!!

Hi there,
yup can mix brown and black or you can put a bit of proxide (tinting solution) on the eyebrows first then the tint. But be careful as this makes them tint quicker. :)

I use black on my eyebrows and people think they are dark brown untill I say they are actually black and up close they can see they are black. But my eyebrows are quite thin so I suppose it also depends on that too whether they will look black or brown.
Im not scared with tinting, its the one thing I actually really look forward to doing and I suggest it to about 90% of my clients whether they are coming in for minx or an eyebrow wax. As the majority of people really benefit from it

im quite fair and i mix black and brown and leave it on for like 5mins! i looovvee really dark eyebrows when there really well shaped! i did the HD brow corse and it was brill on things like this! at college u sort of get told to just put tint straight on then off they sort of scare you off tint! were HD show you how to really do it and not be scared!
but you can even mix 1/2 n 1/2 gray and brown then leave it on for alot longer! the gray prevents the brown from going toooo dark while grabbing the light and gray hairs and turns them all a lovley brown! dont be scared give it a go! x

This is me, I love dark bold eyebrows and really want to start mixing tints, and leaving them on longer but as you say when your at college they do scare you off leaving it on. What colours would you mix and for what effect, I use Hairwell tint, I have a client tomorrow who is really fair, and a lovely red head on Sunday any tips on mixing tints for these clients would be apprieciated thanks x

If you mix brown & grey together you get a dark blonde/light brown. That's what I use on my fair clients!

I mix about 60:40 black to brown for my own eyebrows. The only time I ever use brown on it's own is for light-medium brunettes or first time tinters that are worried about going too dark.

Latest posts

Back