Eyebrow tints

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
Hi
I’m finding I have clients with either greying eyebrows (white hairs) or with extremely light blonde hair and very very fair skin. The tints I use just come in brown, black, grey and blue. The grey and brown I find too dark for clients with very pale skin and hairs that have little to no pigment. Any recommendations for tint brands who offer a wider choice of colour? A colour that just adds a hint of colour to make invisible brows stand out more?

I use refectoCil. The tint lasts quite a while too. I have clients with very resistant white hairs and it covers it.x

The flirties tings are really good, I find if they are very fair it’s always best to put on relive after 2 mins and reapply if needed x

Can I ask if you wear gloves when tinting eyebrows and lashes? I don’t like to wear gloves when working on the face but I know it is recommended.

Sorry if this is a silly question but do you mix the tints? The main colours are good on most clients but its nice to mix the colours to match the natural hair or lighten or darken certain colours x

Hi yes I mix black with brown or black with blue. But I’ve gone and bought a lighter brown now and a graphite grey. The colours I had I felt were too dark for my very fair ladies even if just left on for a short time. Hopefully the lighter brown will help.

I personally wouldnt use blue for brows (on its own or mixed) but if you use a light brown with a bit of brown that should suit a fair client x

I personally wouldnt use blue for brows (on its own or mixed) but if you use a light brown with a bit of brown that should suit a fair client x

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]i don’t use blue on brows.

I use Refectocil tinting products, and find they are long lasting , and come with a very good range of colours. Their creamy peroxide is very good and mixes very well.
My blonde clients have light brown colour applied (it's 3.1) They are very pleased with the result and I feel reassured that they will not get too dark a tint which they would be uncomfortable with . Building clients trust is the most important thing and I have even been known to tint my brows infront of them so that they will see for themselves that the light brown is perfect - just coloured enough.
As I say I can have a nervous client whom completely trusts my methods and by appying the tint test beforehand she can see what we will be doing on her next visit.
Sometimes I mix light brown with a tiny hint of dark brown, or dark brown with a tiny hint of black to get just the perfect shade for them.
I only use blue/black on the eyes as it is the darkest and after 35 years in the industry I am not changing now.

I use Refectocil tinting products, and find they are long lasting , and come with a very good range of colours. Their creamy peroxide is very good and mixes very well.
My blonde clients have light brown colour applied (it's 3.1) They are very pleased with the result and I feel reassured that they will not get too dark a tint which they would be uncomfortable with . Building clients trust is the most important thing and I have even been known to tint my brows infront of them so that they will see for themselves that the light brown is perfect - just coloured enough.
As I say I can have a nervous client whom completely trusts my methods and by appying the tint test beforehand she can see what we will be doing on her next visit.
Sometimes I mix light brown with a tiny hint of dark brown, or dark brown with a tiny hint of black to get just the perfect shade for them.
I only use blue/black on the eyes as it is the darkest and after 35 years in the industry I am not changing now.
I’m with you - Refectocil for the win!

I bought their light brown one. I have Ellisons own tint which I’m not finding to be too great on lashes. Wondering if I might just dump them and stock up on the other colours of refectocil.

A few years ago I bought every black tint brand I could find on a mission to find the "best" one. The darkest that I found was Appraise which is a very purple black. It's actually too much for my fairer ladies!

I couldn't manage without light and dark brown and grey. I mix them up in different proportions and get great colours. I layer the tint, starting off quite light, then removing and adding a bit more tint to my mix to add more depth. I brush it on a bit like highlights for brows and find this adds a very natural warmth.

I have settled on 2 brands which I buy from my main two wholesalers. There is bit of difference between their colours and this allows me to have red tinged Browns and more ashy tones. I was very happy when I learned henna because there are 8 shades altogether in the brand I trained in.

I’m with you - Refectocil for the win!
I’m struggling to get good results with refectocil any advice please

can I jump onto this thread please, for anyone using the Refectocil tint do you patch test before every treatment as now advised by the manufacturer?? I would like to find a tint that just needs an initial patch test and then every 6 months so can I ask what you are all using (obviously other than Refectocil as that needs testing every single treatment) xx

I cant pass comment on the patch testing for Refectocil but flirties does recommend to patch test new clients and those who have not been for an appointment for more than 6 months if that helps? x

I cant pass comment on the patch testing for Refectocil but flirties does recommend to patch test new clients and those who have not been for an appointment for more than 6 months if that helps? x
thank you I will look at them x

Latest posts

Back