Eyebrow wax.....best position?!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickles01

Reaction score
Evening all - what a great site!! have been lurking for a while and found some great hints/ tips and loads of info!

This may seem like a strange question.....however, when you all do eyebrow waxing, where do you position yourself, behind client's head looking down/ or to the side?

I'm newly qualified and we weren't really advised on this at college and the last couple of waxes I have completed I didn't feel comfortable or very confident.

Any advice would be great.

Well, I was trained to do eyebrow waxes with the client laid on the couch & me stood behind them
However, I don't do them like this in the salon - I sit a client upright in a chair & look at her/him properly, and stand to the side to do the cleansing & actual waxing.
I cannot get the hang of trying to create a great arch & shape etc upside down.
My clients have no problems with this & if anything, they feel much more at ease.

hi & welcome
when i wax eyebrows i work from the side and look ahead to check each time but i found you need to practice with a demo client & find which way you best feel is comftable

I find it much easier to stand at the side. I don't sit the client up but I do raise the couch slightly and this way I am able to create a much better shape.

I have my client lying down and I work from the side of the table.

I have my client on the couch just raised slightly, and work fom the side, I failed one of my practicals when I was at college for having the client sat too much up, they said because the wax could fall into their eye. but I think its how you feel comfortable doing them.

Ahh!! i do it all different ways! i think i just what easier for me!!

i always think my left side (client right eye) is harder to do i seem move around all different sides xxx

I do the clients right eye from behind and their left eye from the side leaning over them.

Just what ever is comfortable for the individual x

This is a good question ... I stand to the side, I just can't do it standing behind.x

I think this is a fab question !

I do it all ways, Some clients I can do sat/stood behind client then check from BOTH sides others I wax from all three angles.

Now I have to say that I am always perplexed by therapists that wax clients eyebrows from one side only as EVERY time I have had my eyebrows waxed this way (by different therapists at different salons) they have ended up taking half my skin off to when they have waxed the eyebrow furthest away from them !!! All the therapists that have done it this way seemed to have the couch rammed up against the wall so when leaning over to do my left side I think they have ripped off the strip at the wrong angle taking my skin :Scared: with it.

Im not saying all therapists do this but it is worth bearing in mind if the above as ever happened to you that could be why.

Hi hun, i actually work from the front so i can see there whole face, kim said something to me on my training which so rang true, how can u do eyebrows from behind when u can not actually see there face and how they will look. xxxxxx

i do it with the client laying flat working from behind / above.
i also tend to prefer to do make up and eyelashes this way too.
i have always done it this way and have never had a prolem with uneven-ness.

I lay the client down and wax from behind, this is how I was taught, then I sit them up and put the head rest up on the couch and tweezer the shape in, I feel that I need to see the client upright/face on to shape them properly and get them even, this is how you see people, when Ive shaped them and the client is laying down I think they look pretty good, then I sit them up and...they actually dont! they look completely different when you look at them face on.
Does anyone else find this?

I have them half way up on the couch and I work from the side. I turn their head towards me so I can see their full face. xxx

Evening all - what a great site!! have been lurking for a while and found some great hints/ tips and loads of info!

This may seem like a strange question.....however, when you all do eyebrow waxing, where do you position yourself, behind client's head looking down/ or to the side?

I'm newly qualified and we weren't really advised on this at college and the last couple of waxes I have completed I didn't feel comfortable or very confident.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks for all the advice guys - feel much happier now!

Greate site! :0)

Hiya

Probably a little late on this one :) but I wax from the clients right and when I do their left brow, I get them to turn their head slighlty towards me so I'm not leaning my bosums in their face! When I did my wax training I wax the waxee not the waxer but they did me from behind.

xx

Latest posts

Back