Eyebrow wax help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJohnson

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm really hoping someone can help me.... About 6 months ago I started my training in beauty therapy and have since became qualified in different Eyebrow & Eyelash treatments.

On my training day, I grazed my model every so slightly when waxing her brows. I was told not to worry by my trainer and that it was because I didn't pull the skin taught enough.

Once qualified, I waxed the same client again with no problems. I then waxed her a further time and caught her all along the underside of her brows. She has had it happen before with another waxer but still knocked my confidence

I contacted my trainer for help and was told that the wax could have been too hot... I always check the temperature on my wrist before applying to a client but I decided to give the wax longer to cool down on future clients. I researched and researched online and saw that talc can help so I purchased some and began using that.... I also contacted all of my other clients for a feedback surgery and none mentioned having any problems.

With my new knowledge and with the comfort of knowing it hadn't happened to anyone else I began to build up my confidence again... Until this week when it happened to another client!

Luckily the client is fine about it and thinks it is her skin as I have waxed her previously with no problems and she mentioned it had become a little dry and that she was menstruating.

I feel completely disheartened by the whole thing and really feel like giving up. I am now wondering whether being so paranoid about the wax temperature I've actually been using it too cool? Can this cause grazing? And also- can holding the skin too tighlty cause problems?

I'm know considering whether to buy a knew type of wax and maybe waxing oil to see if that helps? And I'm also wondering whether to retrain with another company?

I have been extremely lucky with my clients that both have been really kind about it and do not fault me in anyway but as im sure you can imagine it's left me second guessing every eyebrow wax and dreading the thought of booking someone in. I really want to do a good job and earn a great reputation for myself.

If anyone could offer me any help i would be really grateful! xxx

P.s both clients have told me they take no medications.

Last edited:
Are they older clients?
Older skin is looser and can tend to 'drag', making it more susceptible to damage.

Are they older clients?
Older skin is looser and can tend to 'drag', making it more susceptible to damage.

Thank you for replying!

No both clients are 25-30...

Sometimes you get clients that are prone to this but by changing your technique you can avoid the grazes.
1. cleanse the skin & dry with a tissue
2. apply thin layer of talc to the parts to be waxed
3. apply a slick of vaseline to the eye socket line (where you don't want wax to touch or pull)
4. apply thin layer of wax to HALF the area & use a small thin strip to remove it. (Hold the skin firmly and pull smoothly but not strongly)
5. repeat step 4 to the first brow and then do the other brow similarly.
6.show client their brows in the mirror to check they are happy with the shape and so they can see no big red grazes before leaving the salon
7. wipe away vaseline & apply soothing cream

If your client is having a facial at the same appointment, then do the brow wax AFTER you have finished the facial. Some products, especially eye gels will irritate the skin if applied to waxed skin.

If your client has lost confidence in waxing then just use tweezers on them.

Take heart, we've all had tricky waxing clients!!

Sometimes you get clients that are prone to this but by changing your technique you can avoid the grazes.
1. cleanse the skin & dry with a tissue
2. apply thin layer of talc to the parts to be waxed
3. apply a slick of vaseline to the eye socket line (where you don't want wax to touch or pull)
4. apply thin layer of wax to HALF the area & use a small thin strip to remove it. (Hold the skin firmly and pull smoothly but not strongly)
5. repeat step 4 to the first brow and then do the other brow similarly.
6.show client their brows in the mirror to check they are happy with the shape and so they can see no big red grazes before leaving the salon
7. wipe away vaseline & apply soothing cream

If your client is having a facial at the same appointment, then do the brow wax AFTER you have finished the facial. Some products, especially eye gels will irritate the skin if applied to waxed skin.

If your client has lost confidence in waxing then just use tweezers on them.

Take heart, we've all had tricky waxing clients!!

Thank you so much!!

Latest posts

Back