Eyebrow wax nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkbeauty23

Reaction score
Been working in the industry for 3 years now and for the first time I had someone come in and complain. She was in for an eyebrow wax yesterday and was in today demanding her money back because her eyebrows were bright red n raw looking. The wax is at a constant temperature and definitely wasn't a burn.
Does anyone maybe know how this could have happened? She hadn't put any medication on her record card.
Thank you x

Hi. Do you test your wax temp before every client? Even if its at a constant temp some peoples skin s more sensitive. Did you advise her of aftercare? Eg no hot showers or saunas as this creates a heat on heat reaction. Same as if she used a sunbed before the wax. Hope that helps? X

Possibly very sensitive skin or medication or even being on her period could possibly havens due her skin more sensitive. I had a client who had the same and blamed my waxing as her eyes also went puffy. Turned out she was starting with conjunctivitis and had also changed her moisturiser. It wasn't me but she still won't have it done again. Oh we'll.

Could be a friction burn. Temperature of wax was fine but you didn't stretch well enough?

It could be her face cream does it have Aha or anything in it? Check with the client.

Could be a friction burn. Temperature of wax was fine but you didn't stretch well enough?

That would be my comment too. I once did this to a friend, I think I was just chatting too much and didn't realise I had't been stretching the skin enough until someone suggested that - very easily done, but rest assured you won't be doing it again if it was that eh? ;)

This is why it is so important to test the wax temp with the client. So you know without doubt it wasn't the temp. Also get some printed aftercare cards to give to clients so they can't say you didn't tell them something.

It probably won't go any further but it could be worth letting your insurers know. Just to cover your back.

Thanks for all your replies.

I just carried it out as normal,skin pulled taut etc,although it was a creme wax I had used this time as supposed to the honey wax I normally would use. She could potentially had a reaction although creme wax is better on sensitive skin so probably unlikely.

Just took me by surprise as I had never had this before.x

As Fozzo said - let your insurer know asap either way.

Thanks for all your replies.

I just carried it out as normal,skin pulled taut etc,although it was a creme wax I had used this time as supposed to the honey wax I normally would use. She could potentially had a reaction although creme wax is better on sensitive skin so probably unlikely.

Just took me by surprise as I had never had this before.x

Was it tea tree wax.Some people don't get on with it.

I use creme wax and it is fine with my clients and I believe it is supposed to be better for sensitive skin.
with creme wax I do think you need to make sure the wax is hot enough and that only a thin layer is applied,a thicker layer of wax could make the client sore like you mentioned :)

I take it you've seen her & agree with her about the redness??

Was she a 1st timer for brow waxing? Some people if they have been grazed from waxing previously will always graze no matter who does it

No unfortunately it was my day off,the girl I work beside dealt with her x

No she's been in before a couple of times x

Just to add……….you don't know what she did when she left. She could have applied make up, sunbed, swimming etc etc.

Testing the wax on your own skin is no indication of how hot or cold your client may find it…….especially where she's come in from the cold into the warm as the wax would feel hotter.

You obviously know your product and what it looks like at the correct temperature and know what you're doing so it's just one of those things. Make notes but just leave it now; don't draw attention to it.

Hello

I am hoping for a bit of advice regarding a waxing client I have.

My client is originally a shellac client but having noticed my brows she decided she wanted to try having hers waxed for the first time. So we got down to it. She had them done and absolutely loved them. She has her shellac every 2 to 3 weeks depending on her schedule and so she started booking in for her brows at the same time. This was fine. But then she popped in one day in between her scheduled appointments and asked me if I could tidy them up. I did this using tweezers as there really was nothing there other than a few stray hairs. She was disappointed I hadn't waxed them and asked if I could just go over with wax just to make sure. I tried to put her off but she insisted and so I did. She left very pleased as usual. But then just days later she was back again asking for the same thing. There was nothing there and so i point blank refused. I am sure it is not good for the skin to be waxed so frequently especially in such a sensitive area. I explained this to my client and she simply said well find something else to wax, what about my chin, upper lip etc. Her upper lip did need doing and so we did that. She then came in for her regular shellac appointment (3 days later) and asked that we do the waxing again....

Has anyone come across this before? She seems to LOVE being waxed even when there is nothing to wax. She is currently growing her leg hairs so we can begin waxing those but I am a little concerned this is turning into an obsession... Any thoughts?

I had this with my friend when her mum died, she literally wanted to be waxed everywhere 'to feel some pain' as she felt completely numb in every other respect.

I love the feeling of freshly waxed brows but wouldn't want it that often x

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

She's probably just 'new fangled' with the smoothness of waxing and will 'get over it'

Nutter! Don't do it. She's either got a thing for pain or she's got a thing for you.:smack:

I'm sure I had replied :s thanks Kim for your reply,I work in a health club and you can only give people advice on how swimming,sauna and waxing don't mix but whether they take this on board is up to them. You have reassured me slightly though so thank you.

And to the other message I wouldn't keep waxing where theres no hair, the client is totally wasting her money and she will appreciate your honesty that she doesn't require it whereas I'm sure some salons would continue to do so to get that extra in the till. I have never come across this tbh,most clients don't enjoy waxing lol although I do have a client who finds it incredibly tickly.
X

Latest posts

Back