Eyebrow wax on elderly lady

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solohair

Reaction score
I haven't been doing eyebrows for very long and one of my clients who is 85 years old has asked to book in for her eyebrows shaping. They are very coarse and bushy and the skin on her eyes is very loose. I can do waxing and threading but have not done either of these on someone of this age before. I am reluctant to thread as am worried her skin will get caught and am also worried about waxing because the skin is so loose but I guess as long as I pull the skin very tight it should be OK. I would be grateful if anyone can give me some advice on how to achieve the best result.

Iv done a facial wax on a lady this age before you just need to support the skin a lot more

Some elderly clients like to be tweezered instead of waxed for eyebrow shape so double check first.
The principle is exactly the same, just support the area correctly and remember to trim the hairs after wax because usually the hair is quite long on clients of this age.
Also bare in mind you may have to do the client on a chair if she's suffering with any disability and if you haven't got a couch that lowers right down.
Hth

Also be aware that her skin may be very thin, so if you opt for waxing do not go over any area more than once and preferably use a tiny amount of oil underneath.

Thanks so much for the advice from you all!! I feel a little more easy about it. She is very agile and shouldn't have any problem laying down thanks, hope I am like that at that age!! Is there any particular oil you would use?...

Thank you!!!!

Thanks so much for the advice from you all!! I feel a little more easy about it. She is very agile and shouldn't have any problem laying down thanks, hope I am like that at that age!! Is there any particular oil you would use?...

Thank you!!!!

Most people use jasmine oil but I don't use oil on eyebrows. I have never needed to,even on elderly clients. However that's down to your preference.

Ok,, thats great thanks!

Latest posts

Back