Eyebrow waxing and psoriasis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TracyS

Reaction score
Evening geeks,

A lady I have recently gotten to know through training has pretty bad psoriasis on her eyebrows. She has been advised by docs that waxing is "one of the best things she could do". She has tried it once and her brows bled and were left very raw afterwards.

As a psoriasis sufferer, I wouldn't put wax anywhere near it as a gut instinct but given the doctors advice I thought I would throw it open to you waxing geeks... would you?

All opinions more than welcome.

T.x

Evening geeks,

A lady I have recently gotten to know through training has pretty bad psoriasis on her eyebrows. She has been advised by docs that waxing is "one of the best things she could do". She has tried it once and her brows bled and were left very raw afterwards.

As a psoriasis sufferer, I wouldn't put wax anywhere near it as a gut instinct but given the doctors advice I thought I would throw it open to you waxing geeks... would you?

All opinions more than welcome.

T.x

How strange, I would change my doctor

I have a client who gets a lot on her knees,I do wax over this as we have found it does improve it,but the skin on your knees isn't anything like the skin around your eyebrows,this is much more delicate,so personally I wouldn't,you've tried it once so now you no not to try that again on this area :)

Bit of an odd thing for a doctor to suggest though!! X

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

were on her eyebrows is it? is it on the really thin eyelid near the lashes or under the eyebrows?

Thank you all.

Jaquelineanna - me and you both!

She asked me what I would do and I just said I wouldn't have done it in the first place, but as I don't use hot wax I wondered if this might've been an option for her.

AmeliaR - it is either side of the brow bone. Doesn't come down the lid as to be intrusive for makeup and it doesn't extend up onto the forhead. Roughly 1cm in depth across the hair from what I could see.

T.x

I would only ever wax over this with hot wax, the oil barrier may even help, but strip wax would be far to harsh and as she has already experiences will easily break the skin.

Probably on a client I wouldnt do it but I have psoriasis on my legs and on my face (eyebrows included) and yes I do wax myself and I find hard wax is better than the strip wax as well and what i find is yes it does take off all the loose dead skin that is there but it doesnt ease it it just comes back just as quick.

I used to wax a friends brows whom had psoriasis in and around her brows I use hot wax with oil and found no problem her hair was naturally quite thick so a few normal blood spots but not caused from the psoriasis.

Thank you all for your advice. I'll tell her if she wants to try it again (she does but doesn't if you know what i mean!) then she should go for hot wax and probably find a therapist who has experience and understands the area.

Much appreciated everyone
T.x

Latest posts

Back