Eyebrow waxing mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie1991

Reaction score
Hi guys

Im qualified doing nails and beauty.. But not waxing. Ive seen a course for eyebrow wax and tint and eyelash tint. (never been too keen on full body waxing)

But which waxing system is best? I heard about the roller wax but read negative reviews.
Does anyone have experience and advice?

My fear is that if i provide a wax service it would take forever to heat up at a clients house if it is JUST a wax or having it spill in my new car :(

I dont wanna put myself off but if it is too much hassle then maybe i should stick to just threading lol

Help :( lol

Thank you :)

Hi guys

Im qualified doing nails and beauty.. But not waxing. Ive seen a course for eyebrow wax and tint and eyelash tint. (never been too keen on full body waxing)

But which waxing system is best? I heard about the roller wax but read negative reviews.
Does anyone have experience and advice?

My fear is that if i provide a wax service it would take forever to heat up at a clients house if it is JUST a wax or having it spill in my new car :(

I dont wanna put myself off but if it is too much hassle then maybe i should stick to just threading lol

Help :( lol

Thank you :)

There are therapists that prefer to offer brow waxing with strip wax as they feel it gives more precision and others that prefer non strip wax so it's often down to personal choice. I only do male brows and I prefer non strip waxes.
I would imagine that with a roller system there is a higher risk of removing more than you wanted! ... But I've never used it on brows so I can't comment...

As a mobile therapist I appreciate you want your wax to heat up quickly. I know there have been lots of threads about ways that mobile therapists heat wax up and keep it warm whilst driving from client to client, some of those may be helpful,to have a look at.

There are also really small little heaters that you can get that would be perfect for brows and would heat up much quicker than a 500/1000 cc size wax heater.

Also it might be worth waiting till you have done your course and see what they use and suggest as you may prefer to offer the same type of waxing..

Good luck jack

Thank you i found this really helpful!
Precision is definitely important. And strip does sound a lot better. I think i may contact the company and give a heads up im mobile and see what they suggest and products to use.
Trial and error i suppose and comport for the client also!

Thank you

Have a look at Hive. They do a tiny portable wax heater that's perfect for facial waxing and can be used with strip or hot wax (I prefer strip for brows)
I also have a little Babyliss Pro heater which the wax pot just sits directly in, so I can heat it before I head to a client & put the lid back on so it's secure in the car. Each to their own but, although rollers may seem easier for a mobile therapist, I find they drag the skin & don't offer enough precision for brows.
Just check which wax you are being trained with on your course before you pay out for wax and equipment :) x

Have a look at Hive. They do a tiny portable wax heater that's perfect for facial waxing and can be used with strip or hot wax (I prefer strip for brows)
I also have a little Babyliss Pro heater which the wax pot just sits directly in, so I can heat it before I head to a client & put the lid back on so it's secure in the car. Each to their own but, although rollers may seem easier for a mobile therapist, I find they drag the skin & don't offer enough precision for brows.
Just check which wax you are being trained with on your course before you pay out for wax and equipment :) x

When you say hive is that a brand or a shop (sorry probably a silly question)
A secure lid is good, no spills then.
It sounds like you've got a really good system for how you do yours with storing and heating etc. Will definitely be trying those techniques

I think i may book and then visit the store before the training day to make sure i buy the correct stuff

Thank you :) really helpful

It sounds like you've got a really good system for how you do yours with storing and heating etc. Will definitely be trying those techniques

I think i may book and then visit the store before the training day to make sure i buy the correct stuff

This is the link to the little heater..
It's really small and perfect if it's just brows you wanted to do..

http://www.yoursalonstore.com/Catal...elItemID=59ffd4d4-fba2-49b2-a0f7-5f23747510e6

Wow that is compact! And a bargain, will invest in this when i book the course :)
Thanks

Sorry Jodie... I've only just seen your Q. Thanks Jack for posting the link. Good luck with your course Jodie :) x

I use strip wax for brows because you can be so precise with it and it removes excess tint.
I use hot wax for very sensitive clients.
You can buy really small orb heaters which are tiny but great for only doing brows and the lid clicks on/off.
I have one that came with my HD brows kit but I don't use it as I don't want 3 heater on my trolley.
However I'm staying at a friends in a few weeks and she wants me to do her HDs so I'll take it there.
I did a kind of HD brows party when I first started with the treatment and had 10 friends/family over to my mums house to get a good long day of practising and it was great for that.
My mum provided bubbles and nibbles as well which was nice :)

Latest posts

Back