Eyebrow Waxing or Tweezering?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiegees

Reaction score
I have just qualified recently on waxing and also eyebrow shaping with tweezers. I am not doing either on the public as yet.

My question is, do you have to wax eyebrows or can you just offer an eyebrow service with tweezers? I am finding it so much easier and more precise with tweezers and feel I can do this really well and quickly. I know waxing takes practice to gain confidence, but for the amount of hair removed from this area, can you just pluck?

Thanks

xx

I only do male brow waxing and I find that I tend do you a bot of both; mostly waxing and a bit of tweezering to tidy up etc..
I guess some clients prefer maybe one or the other so by offering both you are covering all your options.

Jack

I always tweeze after an eyebrow wax, just to get a really defined look. I have a couple of clients who prefer an eyebrow shape only using tweezers.

As Jack said if you are able to offer both then you are covering all bases xo

as the others have said you need both. some. i think you get a better finish with waxing ,although i have some clients who hate being waxed as do some who hate the tweezers ( makes them sneeze)!

I get a lot of little fine white hairs in my brows, if I tried to them with tweezers I'd be there all day lol! It gives amuch cleaner finish if you can do a bit of both :) also, you will get people in with monster eyebrows! If you don't like waxing what about threading? This is very precise and very popular in our salon.

I have mine waxed first then a few tweezered & they always look fab afterwards, until they grow back that is & then they start looking like a couple of caterpillars have taken refuge just above my eyes ;) lol x

You'll definitely need to wax. Don't worry, it is scary when you first leave college, I always dreaded doing eyebrows as I never wanted to be 'that beautician' that screwed up their eyebrows! You've just got to throw yourself in the deep end to build your confidence. My first day in the salon I ended up being the only therapist on as the other went home sick and I only had the owner who is untrained there. She had me doing 2 eyebrows every 15mins for about 2hrs!!! After that it was never a drama lol.

Plucking takes SO much time in comparison to waxing and you'll definitely come across ladies who do naturally own caterpillars and want pencil thin brows (no matter how much you explain to them it'll look awful especially as they only have it done every 6mths!!! go figure). Time is money... good luck x

Latest posts

Back