Eyebrow waxing, still not confident

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am intrigued to know your secret tool!!
Orange wood stick! Perfect tool for its size. You can utilize a very small amount of wax without worrying. You can find them at any beauty supply store. Nail Techs use them, they are basically a cuticle pusher but in wood instead of the usual metal. It's a small round stick that's flat on one end.
I would advise if you are working in a shop that has several waxes per day, every free chance you get Watch whomever has an waxing client! It's all going to come down to practice, watching every wax that comes into the shop and always check for classes on waxing, you can write off the cost on your taxes sense it's a work expense(training) as any experience Cosmetologist/nail tech/wax tech knows you dont learn confidence/skills and complete knowledge in Beauty school. Beauty School is just the starting point it gives you the basic skills to start your career. Once your licenced, it's up to you to gather as much knowledge to acquire those needed skills to have more confidence in those skills. Practice-Practice-Practice. That's a huge part in this industry, I'm going in 30yrs as a Licenced Cosmetologist, every year I gained more knowledge and honed my skills. Even with all I know and all my skills I still don't know everything and I'm always open to learn something new, this industry is always changing and I'm not stuck where I think I can't learn something new, because I "THINK" I know it all!! Waxing is scary when your new at it, it will get easier. Follow all you were taught, be open to any advice, take some classes and practice-practice-practice. You can always remove wax if you start with too much, but you can't replace an eyebrow once you pull that strip off. Remember thin layers, too much wax will spread once you put the strip on and you don't want that, "EVER" thin. I use the edge of a small popsicle stick to apply.
Good Luck, you will get the hang of it!

Last edited:
I've just done my training and we have been taught to put petroleum jelly over the hair that you don't want to remove. So I make the shape I want with the petroleum jelly on both eyes then wax so far it's worked really well and everyone I've done has been happy I'm still not 100% confident with eyebrow reshape a but I'm guessing that comes with time xx
Oh I like that trick. I'm going to try that. I never even thought of using that. I'm going on 30yrs as a licenced Cosmetologist. I always love learning something new.
Thanks for sharing your advice

Latest posts

Back