Eyebrow Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Chick

Reaction score
Hi

I've been reading a lot of waxing threads - I was under the impression that eyebrow waxing was a no-no because the skin around the eye is so thin and delicate.

Haven't done my waxing course yet, but I'm sure I've been told that in a couple of salons.

Tracey :confused:

I don't actually do any waxing, but I regularly have my eyebrows waxed at a Demalogica Salon and have never had any probs.

I have been getting my eyebrows waxed for a couple of years now, I think all the salons around here have it as a service, miles better than the old plucking!!!

course you can do eye brow waxing matey no probs.

Ive had mine done loads and do loads of eyebrow waxing never had any problems.

Its quite a popular treatment.

amb x

Nail Chick said:
Hi

I've been reading a lot of waxing threads - I was under the impression that eyebrow waxing was a no-no because the skin around the eye is so thin and delicate.

Haven't done my waxing course yet, but I'm sure I've been told that in a couple of salons.

Hi Tracey, waxing on the eyebrows be it a tidy up or re-shape is one of the most popular waxing treatments available. It is far less painful and much quicker than tweezering. I dont know what salons they were that told you this but they were talking garbage, for want of a better word LOL.Good luck when you start your waxing and enjoy.xx

Its my fave part of waxing x

I do lots of eyebrow sugaring, but if I have a new client with very out of control eyebrows, I tend to tweeze for the first appointment and then sugar for maintenance. Do you other sugarers/waxers do the same?

Eye brow waxing will probably be one of your biggest earners. £7 for 7 mins work.....................you can't say fairer than that. xxx

Thanks girls.

It just sounds a bit fiddly - not to mention hurty (I'm a real baby - don't like pain) and I didn't want to be adding to anyone's crows feet.

joe90 said:
I do lots of eyebrow sugaring, but if I have a new client with very out of control eyebrows, I tend to tweeze for the first appointment and then sugar for maintenance. Do you other sugarers/waxers do the same?
No jo,I tend to wax and tweeze any remaining hairs every visit. I find my clients prefer this to avoid as much pain as possible,and its quicker. Get the bulk off and then tweeze especially for the clients with Dennis Healey eyebrows,LOL

Nail Chick said:
Thanks girls.

It just sounds a bit fiddly - not to mention hurty (I'm a real baby - don't like pain) and I didn't want to be adding to anyone's crows feet.
It shouldn't add or cause anyone crows feet, as mentioned as long as eyes not pulled around and stretched correctly,It is fiddly and a bit scary when you first do it but once you become more competant it's a breeze and clients love the difference it makes. Really opens their eyes up.It's down to practice really,lots of.

Nail Chick said:

Hi Tracey,

There are some situations where eyebrow waxing is a no-no, for example if the client is on Roaccutane or using a prescription topical acne treatment such as Retin-A or Differin - the reason being that these medications can cause excessive dryness and thinning of the skin that may result in lifting. In these instances, I would tweeze rather than wax.

Sunburn, windburn, and recent dermabrasion or AHA peeling treatments are also temporary contraindications to facial waxing.

Hope that helps :D

Andy

BABSann said:
No jo,I tend to wax and tweeze any remaining hairs every visit. I find my clients prefer this to avoid as much pain as possible,and its quicker. Get the bulk off and then tweeze especially for the clients with Dennis Healey eyebrows,LOL

Not done a sugar from scratch - do you protect the areas you don't want to wax with vaseline? What if you take too much off/shape is poo etc etc.

Axiom said:
Hi Tracey,

There are some situations where eyebrow waxing is a no-no, for example if the client is on Roaccutane or using a prescription topical acne treatment such as Retin-A or Differin - the reason being that these medications can cause excessive dryness and thinning of the skin that may result in lifting. In these instances, I would tweeze rather than wax.

Sunburn, windburn, and recent dermabrasion or AHA peeling treatments are also temporary contraindications to facial waxing.

Hope that helps :D

Andy

your such clever clogs andy !

amb xx:hug:

joe90 said:
Not done a sugar from scratch - do you protect the areas you don't want to wax with vaseline? What if you take too much off/shape is poo etc etc.
No i dont protect with vaseline,you are taught at college to use but in the salon therapists dont,as a rule anyway. It takes time before you become confident and as long as your careful and precise there should be no reason for mishaps,The golden rule is never use the same piece of wax strip more than once,if you do and you have any wax that touches an area you dont want to remove then thats when you will have problems, i.e bald spots ect. It's just practice thats all. Wax to get bulk off and to get an idea of the shape you want then tweeze to do any real precision work, so much quicker.

Eyebrow waxing is very very popular and if done correctly the results can be fantastic

joe90 said:

You don't need to mask the area when sugaring, you can control the small amount of paste either on the tip of your finger, or on a stick (like a match stick). I find you can be incredibley accurate, isolating just one hair if necessary.

Personally, I will avoid doing eyebrow waxing wherever possible. I am a huge fan of threading and much prefer it to waxing.

On the odd occasion where I do waxing, I will normally get the bulk off and then refine the shape by tweezing. I normally get clients with really bushy eyebrows so this works best for me.

River

River said:
Personally, I will avoid doing eyebrow waxing wherever possible. I am a huge fan of threading and much prefer it to waxing.

On the odd occasion where I do waxing, I will normally get the bulk off and then refine the shape by tweezing. I normally get clients with really bushy eyebrows so this works best for me.

River

hey river

where did you do your threading training and...is it as hard as it looks !

Amb xxx

i always have my eyebrows waxed, so does my 12 year old daughter and i have only ever had 1 bad experience, the wax was to hot and burnt the skin off, leaving my eyes very sore and tender for a few days but it didnt put me off, i am hopeing to do a waxing course if i can just find somewhare to train in my area

Latest posts

Back