Eyebrows and facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
Hey all,

After a little hijack by some of us geeks, including myself, on another thread I thought I'd start a proper one.

The question is:

Which to do first - wax eyebrows then facial OR facial then wax eyebrows?

I personally wax first, then aviod that area as it is quite small. I feel you shouldn't wax afterwards beacuse you have exfoliated etc. As for steam I cover the eyebrows with collidal masque to protect (a dermalogica product)

Becki xxx

Facial then eyebrows.. how can you be 100% sure you will not touch the brow area or overlay any products??? espec when you get right in there with a good ole facial massage.. I know its NOT exactly a relaxing finish but hey thats what they booked for! Have you ever seen or had inflammed brows??? not nice.. dont take the risk...

I always wax first and do the facial. I only really go out of my way to avoid/protect the area when exfolliating/steaming.

I wax first then do the facial

I always tend to do the facial first and then the browshape. However, I am always careful when I do the brow shape and really just do a tidy up underneath the brows where i dont really have alot of stimulation with the facial anyway. Some product may go onto the eyebrows during the facial but not alot of stimulation as the skin is too thin around that area.

i always try and get the client to come in another day if possible. It's a shame to interrupt such a relaxing treatment, but if the client has to have them together then it's facial followed by waxing.

Hi

Hmm tricky one, i use dermalogica too, and tbh i dont usually exfoliate under the eyebrows as i find the skin a lot thinner there on most clients. A lot of the time the exfoliants imo in a professional facial should be kept well away from the eyes eg if i do a multi vitamin exfoliant i put cotton pads on the eyes better safe than sorry, especially using exfoliator 26!

I also put cotton pads on eyes if i am steaming as i dont like it myself when i have a facial when the steam goes in my eyes, i find it uncomfortable and client comfort is everything, makes all the difference in client retention, IMO.

So i would have to say i would wax after a facial unless the client wanted it done first, it will depend on skin type and the products i would be using......

I've always thought it was a contraindication either way round, before or after, so I have never done them both at the same appointment. I do get asked for it quite a lot though so this is an interesting thread!

Raquel - I feel you contradicite yourself by saying ''how can you be 100% sure you will not touch the brow area or overlay any products???'' then you waxing after the facial means your are waxing over exfoliated skin - just as mch risk of inflammed eyebrowns do you not think?

Sassy - what do you do if a client can't/won't come in another day?

becki xxx

I've always Wax first too then avoided the area i mean its not ideal but if a client doesnt want to come in a different day for it then i agree the skin will be just as sensitized if you did it after a facial too

becki xxx

As I said above - facial then eyebrow waxing!! But that's just my preference. I won't do any other facial area though as the skin is too sensitised, especially if they have a Nimue active facial.

I just don't get how you can avoid the area when you are doing a facial, if you have waxed first? Facial massage generally includes the eye area?

Not all of my facials include a facial massage.

Becki xxx

sorry sassy I miss read.

Hey beki did you start this thread because of our convo ha ha :)

I definatly would wax after my eyebrow waxes do not hurt people that much for it to unrelax people.

Imagine that client gets a reaction where you have wax then put product on her face :rolleyes:

lol no it wasn't, it was started much before your comments.

Becki x

I always do it after, this is what I was trained to do at beauty college. Reason being is if you wax first then the pores are more open to infection and product could get into the pores.I'm no martyr but it depends on which you prefer I suppose

wax first then facial get nasty bit over with first and normally while massaging using creams especially dermalogica massage cream it takes the redness down and they go out less sensitive anyways! but bit confusing think everyones got their own opinion on this!
hannah x

Raquel - I feel you contradicite yourself by saying ''how can you be 100% sure you will not touch the brow area or overlay any products???'' then you waxing after the facial means your are waxing over exfoliated skin - just as mch risk of inflammed eyebrowns do you not think?

becki xxx
LOL...like someone has already pointed out.. you shouldnt be exfoliating around the eye area anyway.. and protecting during steaming etc.. if it HAS to be done same day/time ladies.. then ( gonna put my beauty therapy lecturers head on here) wax after the facial and use a good pre wax solution to remove any surface oils as well as your after wax.. shame you have to end your nice relaxing facial in such a way... but .. sigh if the client cant come in another day.. so be it..

I always do it after, this is what I was trained to do at beauty college. Reason being is if you wax first then the pores are more open to infection and product could get into the pores.I'm no martyr but it depends on which you prefer I suppose

EXACTLY what i was looking for the pores are wide open !! excellent point...

Latest posts

Back