Eyelash adhesive search.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura grant

Reaction score
(eyelash extensions) does anyone use a 1-3 second drying glue with weeks and weeks of staying power, without the client having any irritations from the glue being used.
i have lots of clients that have used my very fast set strong glue for nearly 2 years, and some ladies that just can not due to sensative eyes , i am looking for the perfect glue.
i am gutted coz i tryed a big u.k company glue but oh dear all my ladies said they lost loads.
so guess i will go back to the stronger stuff and have to work my butt off the next few weeks
what do you girls recommend. thankyou in advance

Last edited:
The very fast drying adhesives generally have more fumes and odours due to their consistency. If you have clients with sensitive eyes try an adhesive that is safety tested but without odours and fumes?

I use Secret Lashes glue. I have the super fast drying and the medical grade glue.
Due to the fumes I tell everyone to expect stinging if they open their eyes whilst the glue is still wet. I also offer a patch test (on the lashes) 24 hours before. If they are unable to have this I do request that they sign a disclaimer.
I explain to everyone the difference in the glues and give them the option whether they would like their lashes to last 2 weeks or up to 8 weeks. Thankfully I have had no one have any reactions to the glues. I do however always ask my first time lash clients if they are comfortable with the glue during the process as I would insist on using the medical grade glue if they felt any discomfort.
I hope this helps a little

I use Secret Lashes glue. I have the super fast drying and the medical grade glue.
Due to the fumes I tell everyone to expect stinging if they open their eyes whilst the glue is still wet. I also offer a patch test (on the lashes) 24 hours before. If they are unable to have this I do request that they sign a disclaimer.
I explain to everyone the difference in the glues and give them the option whether they would like their lashes to last 2 weeks or up to 8 weeks. Thankfully I have had no one have any reactions to the glues. I do however always ask my first time lash clients if they are comfortable with the glue during the process as I would insist on using the medical grade glue if they felt any discomfort.

Sorry for this but I am now confused......I would have thought that the glues are both medical grade and certified for use in the UK and that they last the same lengths just with different drying speeds?

Some of the adhesives i looked at do state differant bonding times. I think its differant makes etc. Iv seen some state 2 weeks, and some state up to 8 weeks! It gets so confusing, lol

Some of the adhesives i looked at do state differant bonding times. I think its differant makes etc. Iv seen some state 2 weeks, and some state up to 8 weeks! It gets so confusing, lol

Yes there is a lot of different grades out there, maybe the shorter time scale ones are not for semi permanent but for cluster lashes?
We have seen some very strong but also unsafe adhesives.....so whatever you are going for i would always check that its medical grade and safety tested and legal for use and sale in your country!
hth :hug:

i also use the purple top glue and black top that is the same as secret lashes. and the other one which is much weaker.
i like the purple top as it is latex free but it does not agree with everyone.
i use the very sensitive glue for my sensative ladies and yes you are so right, they shed very very fast
xx
what do you think about a clear glue that is very strong and has no irritation.

Laura I have tried a clear glue, and it can look a bit "crusty" on the lashes if that makes sense. I wasnt impressed.

Yes there is a lot of different grades out there, maybe the shorter time scale ones are not for semi permanent but for cluster lashes?
We have seen some very strong but also unsafe adhesives.....so whatever you are going for i would always check that its medical grade and safety tested and legal for use and sale in your country!
hth :hug:
g

Silly question maybe Britta, (apologies if so) but how would we ensure that the glue is legal for use here in uk? For example, I know of some companies that sell adhesives from Korea, is it the uk distributer that is legaly obligated to ensure its ok for uk sale? Does the fact that a uk company sells it protect us, the lash tech? How can we safe guard ourselves? I personlay use a uk company glue, but am curious?

g

Silly question maybe Britta, (apologies if so) but how would we ensure that the glue is legal for use here in uk? For example, I know of some companies that sell adhesives from Korea, is it the uk distributer that is legaly obligated to ensure its ok for uk sale? Does the fact that a uk company sells it protect us, the lash tech? How can we safe guard ourselves? I personlay use a uk company glue, but am curious?

Not a silly question at all! There is a lot of products on the market that originate from Korea or Far East. That doesnt mean at all that it is an illegal or unsafe product here, but likewise just because a UK company imports a product doesnt make it legal for sale and / or safe to use in the UK either.
Every country has its own requirements and safety guidelines, and you could ask your supplier if the adhesive has been safety tested or is approved medical grade. They should be able to confirm this as they would hold the MSDS sheets (Material Safety Data Sheets) that show a variety of data (test results) ranging from viscosity to safety precautions and which regulations they adhere to.

Even if a product has not been safety tested it could be ok and safe but i would always be on the "safe" side and only use approved products especially when its your business and you want to make sure that it is safe as well as comfortable for your client and yourself, because whilst we are dealing with your clients eyes (which are closed during treatment) you are the one having your eyes open to apply the lashes and any potential fumes and/or odour could harm your own eyes.

Hope that makes sense?

Oh ok thats great, thank you.
So as long as the UK company supplying the adhesive has it approved for use in the UK, we should have covered legalities/insurance requirements, have I understood correctly?

Oh ok thats great, thank you.
So as long as the UK company supplying the adhesive has it approved for use in the UK, we should have covered legalities/insurance requirements, have I understood correctly?

I think there is two issues involved - one is the actual safety for you and your client and the other one is the insurance. It probably depends if your insurance insists that you use UK approved products or if they just insure you for the actual treatment if you are certified. Maybe worth checking with them if that has any affect on the cover?

I use a very strong glue but make my clients lie still with their eyes shut for extra few minutes to let the fumes settle, this seems to work as I have also tried glue for sensitive eyes but is useless, lashes fall out quickly.

Hope that helps

Hi, we have Glam Lash glue that lasts for the life of the lash. It is fast setting 2-3 sec and is suitable for sensitive lashes. CE certified. pm me for details. Unfortunatly Secret lash clue doesnt have CE approval and if from Korea, the strong glue is known to cause serious reactions. Some insurance companies will insist you use glue that has CE certification. Louise x

I use a very strong glue but make my clients lie still with their eyes shut for extra few minutes to let the fumes settle, this seems to work as I have also tried glue for sensitive eyes but is useless, lashes fall out quickly.

Hope that helps

Which glue do you use please? The glue I use irritates clients throat ....

i'd love to know what glue holds up for 8wks???

Hi, we have Glam Lash glue that lasts for the life of the lash. It is fast setting 2-3 sec and is suitable for sensitive lashes. CE certified. pm me for details. Unfortunatly Secret lash clue doesnt have CE approval and if from Korea, the strong glue is known to cause serious reactions. Some insurance companies will insist you use glue that has CE certification. Louise x

mmmmm
Loads of the Korean cr*p does have CE on,( I can tell you the main supplier) So many lash companies say its made just to them and to their specification, what a load of twaddle.

Its mostly all the same crud, and its why I stick to American adhesive, not just purchased from there but actually made there.

Su x

Last edited:
mmmmm
Loads of the Korean cr*p does have CE on,( I can tell you the main supplier) So many lash companies say its made just to them and to their specification, what a load of twaddle.

Its mostly all the same crud, and its why I stick to American adhesive, not just purchased from there but actually made there.

Su x

oohhh susan do tell, i'm researching all adhesives at the moment as i'm sure other girls on here are, it would be great to hear experiences and views on products that you have used x

mmmmm

Su x

how do you know the American adhesive isn't the same old stuff?? Could it be that the companies have told you that it's made just to them and to their specification! ;)

how do you know the American adhesive isn't the same old stuff?? Could it be that the companies have told you that it's made just to them and to their specification! ;)

Exactly what I was thinking you dont know unless you make the stuff yourself.

Who is the main supplier?

Latest posts

Back