eyelash and brow tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi all, Hope you all had a fab Christmas!

Need some advice - like usual. lol. I used to offer tinting of eyelashes and brows but in my area there was never really a call for it so I did not do much, in the end it sort of faded out. Now all of a sudden I have clients wanting it and I just need some sort of walk through as I said have not done it in ages and i remember that the last one or 2 I did do it did not take very well.

I still have some produt left but think I should rather get fresh proudct as I am not sure of shelf life?

and idea what previous treatments did not take?

Pls could you help my nervous and just give me a brief walk thorugh to refresh me.

Hi all, Hope you all had a fab Christmas!

Need some advice - like usual. lol. I used to offer tinting of eyelashes and brows but in my area there was never really a call for it so I did not do much, in the end it sort of faded out. Now all of a sudden I have clients wanting it and I just need some sort of walk through as I said have not done it in ages and i remember that the last one or 2 I did do it did not take very well.

I still have some produt left but think I should rather get fresh proudct as I am not sure of shelf life?

and idea what previous treatments did not take?

Pls could you help my nervous and just give me a brief walk thorugh to refresh me.

Hiya,well Im pretty surprised that eyelash tinting wasn't that popular in your area but hey!!:lol:

cleanse eyes with non oily eye make-up remover,vaseline applied to lids and underneath eyes,making sure NOT to get any on lashes or this will act as barrier,cut one cotton wool circle in half,then cut out shape to fit the eye nicely.apply vaseline to cotton wool and use this side to attach cotton wool to skin.Mix a small amount of tint with a couple of drops of peroxide(read manufacturers instuctions on this as different brands vary)mix solution then apply to lower lashes with eyes open first(I use an orange stick to apply but you can use a brush)Ask client to close eyes and then apply tint to upper lashes,making sure all the hair is covered right into the root.Leave tint on for specified time,checking client is happy throughout treatment and he/she has no stinging.

Tint may not have taken that well because you didn't leave on for long enough,tint lids were not sealed when being stored,tint was pre mixed too long before the treatment was carried out,maybe eyemake up wasn't properly removed or it was removed with oil based make up remover,or you could have got vaseline on the lashes and created a barrier could even be medical though this isn't common its usually something quite simple.

Anyway,hope this has helped a bit and good luck.

Hi, Dont forget to test patch them 24/48hrs before. Good luck with your tinting

hi, thank you, you have made me feel more confiedent. just one more question, am I correct in saying eyes open to tint the bottom lashes, then ask client to close their eyes, then apply tint? when client opens eyes would the tint have gotten to the inside of the top row of lashes - does that make sense?

Hi
I used to 'do' the bottom lashes first with eyes open and then the top lashes with eyes closed.
I now miss out the bottom lash bit and when doing the top lashes, spread the tint about with the brush and this coats the bottom lashes at the same time.
It also avoids tint going in the eyes if the client involuntarily blinks whilst trying to hold the eyes open.
It works, and also saves a minute or two of my time ! !

i am sure you will be fine

let us know how you got on

hi, thank you, you have made me feel more confiedent. just one more question, am I correct in saying eyes open to tint the bottom lashes, then ask client to close their eyes, then apply tint? when client opens eyes would the tint have gotten to the inside of the top row of lashes - does that make sense?

Yes hun,eyes open apply tint to bottom lashes,very carefully,and you really dont need much tint on brush/orange stick.Then ask client to close eyes and apply to the top lashes.

When client closes eyes some tint will transfer to top lashes but you are not going to be drenching the bottom lashes in tint so only a minimal amount should transfer.Work quick on bottom lashes and dont worry if you dont get a 100%coverage because some of the tint will seep through to bottom anyway when you apply tint to top lashes.HTH

awww thats intresting i wasnt never taught to allow tint to the lower lashes will the eyes open i always places the cotton pads under the eyes then apply the tint with both eyes firmly shut does anyone else do the same like me or is it only me lol?

awww thats intresting i wasnt never taught to allow tint to the lower lashes will the eyes open i always places the cotton pads under the eyes then apply the tint with both eyes firmly shut does anyone else do the same like me or is it only me lol?

Yes I was taught this way but don't do it like that anymore, I always place the tinto on the lower lashes first with the eyes open then get the client to close them and place it on the top lashes, I find I get a much better result.

Same here Layla. If I allowed the eyes to remain open, I'd be stood down as it's considered a violation of occupational health and safety standards and a big professional liability no no.

i was twaught to do it eyes open years ago but then when i re did it a few years back they said apply with eyes closed , i usually do it with eyes closed :green: hth
also i make sure the cotton pad is pulled apart in half too as its thinnner , sits under the eye better , hth

Applying tint to the bottlom lashes with eyes open is not such a big deal,firstly I have never, ever dripped tint into an eye,also do peeps NOT realises that there is just as much chance of the tint seeping through the top lashes, when applied with eyes closed and going into eyes??The eyes are closed not glued shut together, stopping anything from entering them:green:

Now if careful attention is paid with application there is no reason why you shouldn't apply with eyes open first.Unless you suffer with a very shakey hand or something.:lol:Ive been tinting like this for years and never had a problem.You can even apply from the underneath of the bottom lashes,it's each to their own.

We apply mascara everyday(well most do)with the eyes open,is this a h&S risk??Eye tint is designed for the eye area and as I said earlier it WILL seep through the top lashes anyway.

I was taught to apply tint with eyes open and I am more than happy with my H&S,but at the end of the day if you're happy with your finished result it's no big deal.Just do whatever your happy with.:hug:

Well I was taught just last year to tint with the eyes open, just as Babs describes. When done properly and carefully there is no risk at all.

I'm a relative novice at this and I have no problems at all with this method so you should be fine.:green:

Latest posts

Back