Eyelash client making a claim

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry.M

Reaction score
Okay so A lash customer ive had for a few months came the other day for Lash removal. She had no lash damage as in no gaps all lashes looked healthy to me. I explained to her they will seem extremely short in comparison to having long extensions on for a while and also depending where Her lash cycle is up to they will probly grow longer within 3-6 weeks. She didn't seem too happy and said they'd never been that short before - again i reassured her there was no loss.
So yesterday I recieve a call from her stating she had been to a dermatologist who has informed her that her lashes are damaged - they are snapped short due to bad lash application. (Which I fuming at as i 100% isolate lashes and am very confident in my lashes) anyway apparently he has given her a letter signed declaring that and so she is going to a claims company.
I am unsure wether she is calling bluff as a dermatologist saying that seems a bit odd. I tried explaining over the phone lash cycles and how lashes continuously grow but she refused to believe me. The only thing I regret is not getting a picture of her lashes after removal. Im just fuming at the situation that i do lashes correctly and you still get one!
Im not realy after advice just needed a little rant and wondering if anyone has had similar situation.

Okay so A lash customer ive had for a few months came the other day for Lash removal. She had no lash damage as in no gaps all lashes looked healthy to me. I explained to her they will seem extremely short in comparison to having long extensions on for a while and also depending where Her lash cycle is up to they will probly grow longer within 3-6 weeks. She didn't seem too happy and said they'd never been that short before - again i reassured her there was no loss.
So yesterday I recieve a call from her stating she had been to a dermatologist who has informed her that her lashes are damaged - they are snapped short due to bad lash application. (Which I fuming at as i 100% isolate lashes and am very confident in my lashes) anyway apparently he has given her a letter signed declaring that and so she is going to a claims company.
I am unsure wether she is calling bluff as a dermatologist saying that seems a bit odd. I tried explaining over the phone lash cycles and how lashes continuously grow but she refused to believe me. The only thing I regret is not getting a picture of her lashes after removal. Im just fuming at the situation that i do lashes correctly and you still get one!
Im not realy after advice just needed a little rant and wondering if anyone has had similar situation.

dear god what has the world came to! cant get my head around this oney grabbing greediness

I doubt any court would award her much compensation (if anything!) They'll grow back - what's her problem?!

I think she is bluffing. It's part of the culture...'It's not right so I'll sue you'. People just see it bandied about on TV and think it's the way of doing things. :sad:

First off: Big hugs..it's horrible - even just the threat of this........Similar stuff has happened to me and it's not nice.

Now the next bit:
I'd love to hear the laughter if she tries to take this to any solicitor - Like you say even if the lashes had been broken off..they re-grow!
I'd like to see her face when they tell her how much their fees are.

If you took the lashes off last week...has she really had time to book and see a private dermatologist? ( unless she posh and very monied-up!). Would it even be a dermatologist?

Now the good bit: ( just my opinion, check with your insurers ) As she has already said she has a letter and she is going to a claim company, I think your insurers will ask you not to have any further discussions with her about her complaint.
So if it is all bluff or just a fit of peak and she comes back asking for a refund on all her treatments...tell her that as she has told you she will be pursuing a claim you can no longer comment as it may be the subject of a claim, it will be in the hands of your insurers...... so her bluff won't work and you don't have to get dragged into nasty conversations.

In some ways the pressure if off ( I know the worry won't be )

Oh and it goes with out saying...never have her back for any treatment.

I had a client with the exact same response once her express lashes had been removed last week - complaining they seemed short (as if her natural lash length is my fault!), I even said prior to them being removed "it will take a few days to get used to your own lash length again", the same no damage at all to any lashes. I haven't heard from that client since I called her back & left voicemail but I'm waiting lol. I find it strange that she has managed to see a dermatologist in a matter of days when most people wait months for treatment. Clearly when aftercare & advice is given clients do not always listen. Contact your insurance company to info them incase she does make a claim then you won't have to deal with her again x

Whether or not she is bluffing call your insurance company and make them aware of what is going on ASAP.

Then tell her any further conversations regarding this matter will have to go through them

Agree with previous posters advice.

Also, with any compensation claim like this, she needs to PROVE that there is a problem (!) and that you are 100% responsible for causing it.

Dermatologist letter. What a joker! :rolleyes:

i agree with all you ladies. Some people just take the p*ss! When it's your profession its hard not to get annoyed about it. Thanks for the replies I guess we all have to deal with people like this at one point and just have to learn to deal with it. And yes here's hoping she goes for a claim and gets laughed at 🙌

God you just have to laugh. I swear some people think we are actually dim.

I thought the whole point of lash extensions was to make naturally SHORT lashes look TEMPORARILY longer.... which is what you did!

Latest posts

Back